Sheffield Wednesday vs Preston is going to be a big crowd

7 minutes ago, lancashireowl said:

Took over 3k to Sheffield United when prices were lower to be fair, they are blaming prices on Twitter. 

Just looked on their website to see what they're being charged. £33, with concessions ranging from £5 to £23. Going for promotion and blaming a £33 ticket for not selling out a 1600 allocation less than 2 hours away.  Tinpot fans. 

They took 3k to pigs at FA cup discount prices,  not played there in the league yet. 

16 minutes ago, lancashireowl said:

Took over 3k to Sheffield United when prices were lower to be fair, they are blaming prices on Twitter. 

Sheff utd dont give 3k tickets

3 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Just looked on their website to see what they're being charged. £33, with concessions ranging from £5 to £23. Going for promotion and blaming a £33 ticket for not selling out a 1600 allocation less than 2 hours away.  Tinpot fans. 

They took 3k to pigs at FA cup discount prices,  not played there in the league yet. 

They had 2,700 at Sunderland or something as well the other week but

not defending them it is a pretty poor effort. They should be getting 2k min. 

However, we only took 2k to Leeds down the road. We are a much bigger club than Preston and Sheffield is a much bigger city.

It seems most fans use prices as an excuse. 

Just now, lancashireowl said:

However, we only took 2k to Leeds down the road. We are a much bigger club than Preston and Sheffield is a much bigger city.

So we took 500 more fans for a dead rubber at £39 than they are for a crucial game at £33. 

I'll admit I didn't go to Leeds because of the price but if we were away at Preston going for the playoffs and it was £33 we'd still take 6k. 

7 minutes ago, alanharper said:

So we took 500 more fans for a dead rubber at £39 than they are for a crucial game at £33. 

I'll admit I didn't go to Leeds because of the price but if we were away at Preston going for the playoffs and it was £33 we'd still take 6k. 

But Sheffield Wednesday are a bigger club with more fans and it is a bigger city? So we aren’t comparing like for like here. Leeds is much closer to Sheffield than Preston is to Sheffield.

Also us and Leeds are rivals ish.

I think we’d get around 4K if I’m being honest.

Either way, ticket prices being high has shafted away attendances on a few occasions. I think only three clubs have brought large numbers here. 

Edited by lancashireowl

1 hour ago, lancashireowl said:

Maybe it's a reason and not an excuse. Just saying.

4 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Preston Fans moaning on Twitter 

About high ticket prices 

Not many moans from owls fans who paid nearly the same at Deepdale in August ..

Few more than 1200 here int Shankley...

20170805_150104.jpg

One of the worst opening day fixtures in our history..big following..loads of ale..easy to get too..and it was an utterly shamefull performance..cc shud av been outed within 10 mins of the final whistle imo