Chairman deciding who can and can't play and Meir 'Asset stripping'

Guest mkowl
2 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

Care to explain the difference?

Well cost reduction is what any sensible business would do if it is losing 20m a season and the funder does not want to subsidise that level. What a lot of us said at the time of Club 1867. There are 2 parts to the equation and maximising revenue is one but controlling your costs is the other. 

Asset stripping is a much more deliberate action to sell off or transfer out to a different legal structure your core assets e.g. the stadium or training ground.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Do you honestly genuinely 100% believe that every single player listed as injured are actually injured then?

No agenda - btw - just curious

If they aren't I don't believe it's because of the club. 

Our best player refused to travel and play last season (was Norwich last season?). Not all players are honest, hardworking folk either. Why aren't we looking at and questioning any of the players?

There may be instances of players feigning injury for their benefits but I don't for 1 second believe the club has imposed any kind of ban on any player or believe there are any mystery forces at work.

Edited by Matt_1

Guest mkowl
4 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

To answer your question r.e Hirst though - the point is still valid. 

I agree with what Whitechapel is saying: We've known the situation with him for months. The only recent change has been with his training. 

The difference is that it was inferred he was training with the first team to perhaps hint or suggest that a possibility of first team action could arise. That there had been dialogue between the parties. 

The news today is to shut down that possibility directly from the manager

I might be being a little over simplistic here but is it not just that we gambled quite heavily on reaching the Premier League (a move endorsed by quite a few on here),  failed in that gamble, and now how to cut our cloth accordingly?

It seems to me the situation we find ourselves in now is the natural outcome of the high risk strategy of the last 2.5 years. We had a crack at chucking money at it, that didn't work. Now we have to come at it from a new, more cost effective angle. 

Looks like we'll have to lower our sights for a few years.

• Like 1

Just now, Dunkstar said:

I might be being a little over simplistic here but is it not just that we gambled quite heavily on reaching the Premier League (a move endorsed by quite a few on here),  failed in that gamble, and now how to cut our cloth accordingly?

It seems to me the situation we find ourselves in now is the natural outcome of the high risk strategy of the last 2.5 years. We had a crack at chucking money at it, that didn't work. Now we have to come at it from a new, more cost effective angle. 

Nailed it mate

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Dunkstar said:

Exactly. We were 90 minutes from pulling it off, but alas it wasn't to be. So, we get our stock together, consolidate and in a couple of seasons try again. See it as an investment cycle. 

2 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

Exactly. We were 90 minutes from pulling it off, but alas it wasn't to be. So, we get our stock together, consolidate and in a couple of seasons try again. See it as an investment cycle. 

But what happens to the ticket pricing during the 'lean years' between trying for promotion?

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

But what happens to the ticket pricing during the 'lean years' between trying for promotion?

Personally, I think the prices will come down. But to be honest I haven't a clue.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Interesting  one that....

You'd like to think that the argument of if you want quality you have to pay for it woud work both ways resulting in cheaper prices but given the prices for the next five years are restricted by the multi year season ticket pricing that seems to be a forlorn hope. 

I think the best we can hope for is a price freeze on season tickets for the next couple of years and maybe a small reduction in match day pricing coupled with minimal use of the top tier of pricing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Any profit turned over in the 'lean years' could easily go towards the next spend. 

Wolves turned over a profit 2 seasons in a row and then went and spent cash on quality players. 

I wouldn't mind imitating that.

49 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

Just 2 of the ridiculous rumours that are flying about at the minute. 

Do people genuinely believe them?

Do you really think the players wouldn't have managed to leak this to the press to try and let the fans and other clubs know? Do you really think all these players want 'injury prone' in any contract discussions with other clubs in their future careers? We have had 1 fan meeting Hutch in a carpark and everyone has gone absolutely wild.

Do you really think Jos would be sticking around? He's known for walking out of clubs when chairmen/the board get too involved.

Seriously, we're in the poo but some of the stuff I am reading is absolute fairytale stuff. Sure there can be questions raised about how we have ended up in this FFP situation and how this season has gone but can we take a step back and take off our conspiracy theory goggles?

Its pathetic mate dpnt know where all these stories come from i cant believe what rubbish comes out peoples mouth on here

40 minutes ago, mkowl said:

There is a difference between asset stripping and a cost reduction programme in relation to KM.

I didn't know we had any asset's worth stripping!.

The ground is a wreck/Slum

We don't have any players worth more than a couple of bob.

What is there to strip?.

4 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

Any profit turned over in the 'lean years' could easily go towards the next spend. 

Wolves turned over a profit 2 seasons in a row and then went and spent cash on quality players. 

I wouldn't mind imitating that.

Just read that Wolves are £23m in debt and being investigated by the EFL.

54 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

Just 2 of the ridiculous rumours that are flying about at the minute. 

Do people genuinely believe them?

Do you really think the players wouldn't have managed to leak this to the press to try and let the fans and other clubs know? Do you really think all these players want 'injury prone' in any contract discussions with other clubs in their future careers? We have had 1 fan meeting Hutch in a carpark and everyone has gone absolutely wild.

Do you really think Jos would be sticking around? He's known for walking out of clubs when chairmen/the board get too involved.

Seriously, we're in the poo but some of the stuff I am reading is absolute fairytale stuff. Sure there can be questions raised about how we have ended up in this FFP situation and how this season has gone but can we take a step back and take off our conspiracy theory goggles?

What corruption in football....who'd a thunk it.....fooookin idiots have been watching too many episodes of xfiles if tha asks me