Chairman deciding who can and can't play and Meir 'Asset stripping'

49 minutes ago, mkowl said:

You will never stop debate or conjecture. Been the same for years it just took longer to get around back in the pre internet days.

A good conspiracy theory has to have elements that could be true. Not saying they are but each press conference we have each day that passes each defeat etc etc it just gets re-fuelled by more anecdotal evidence that stuff is going on behind the scenes. Coupled with the losing run

It's not rocket science, doing well nothing to say, doing badly and everyone comes up with bizarre stories, when fact is we need to realise we are just plain rubbish.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

Any profit turned over in the 'lean years' could easily go towards the next spend. 

Wolves turned over a profit 2 seasons in a row and then went and spent cash on quality players. 

I wouldn't mind imitating that.

I think lower the prices during the lean years and then raise them again in the spend year. If the chairman was to come out and explain the situation, maybe even say sorry folks, I'm raising the prices to offset as much of the investment as possible, I'm pretty sure most people would be with him. That way everything is clear and fans can then feel part of the process. Obviously our transfer policy needs to be more efficient than last time.

Edited by Hitcat

1 minute ago, Big Jack said:

It's not rocket science, doing well nothing to say, doing badly and everyone comes up with bizarre stories, when fact is we need to realise we are just plain rubbish.

A good team can't become a bad team overnight....sure I've heard that before somewhere WTF:

9 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Just read that Wolves are £23m in debt and being investigated by the EFL.

Wont matter to them when they are plying there trade in the Premier.

1 hour ago, Dunkstar said:

I might be being a little over simplistic here but is it not just that we gambled quite heavily on reaching the Premier League (a move endorsed by quite a few on here),  failed in that gamble, and now how to cut our cloth accordingly?

It seems to me the situation we find ourselves in now is the natural outcome of the high risk strategy of the last 2.5 years. We had a crack at chucking money at it, that didn't work. Now we have to come at it from a new, more cost effective angle. 

Looks like we'll have to lower our sights for a few years.

Christ a statement of sense on owlstalk 

Well played Sir

48 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

I think lower the prices during the lean years and then raise them again in the spend year. If the chairman was to come out and explain the situation, maybe even say sorry folks, I'm raising the prices to offset as much of the investment as possible, I'm pretty sure most people would be with him. That way everything is clear and fans can then feel part of the process. Obviously our transfer policy needs to be more efficient than last time.

Sounds good until you think about the massive meltdown on owlstalk if he said that.

WTF:

Just now, Hookowl said:

Sounds good until you think about the massive meltdown on owlstalk if he said that.

WTF:

You're right. People's heads would explode with anger and vitriol. Who'd be a chairman eh?

2 minutes ago, long eared owl said:

Not sure prices can change that much when people are tied into long term deals ?

We've got a huge squad. A little bit of tinkering, ditching the out of contract players and promoting the youth instead will go a long way. To be honest, I haven't a clue. Maybe we'll just see more offers, like the Bolton game this weekend.

Just now, Hitcat said:

We've got a huge squad. A little bit of tinkering, ditching the out of contract players and promoting the youth instead will go a long way. To be honest, I haven't a clue. Maybe we'll just see more offers, like the Bolton game this weekend.

No I meant fans on 3, 5 year ticket deals - not sure he can drop prices if people have already paid ? dunno just wondering ...

I have to admit my head is turned now westy has been  called up despite "injury."

Regarding OP theres such thing as a non disclosure agreement. Given that alot of our players are signed for undisclosed fees it wouldnt be too far fetched to imagine that all details in the contracts are subject to an NDA or at least certain parts. 

Given that undisclosed usually means there are add ons and bonuses and future payments then it does make you wonder...

Forget Jos' history with board interference. Nothing has changed since he took the job so he took the job on knowing the circumstances. 

1 minute ago, Hitcat said:

That's almost certain to happen and expect to see a couple of our better players leave.

In the meantime staying in the championship is the problem

Just now, long eared owl said:

No I meant fans on 3, 5 year ticket deals - not sure he can drop prices if people have already paid ? dunno just wondering ...

I think they're pretty good deals anyway, so unlikely they'll change. Hopefully they'll get frozen.

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

I didn't know we had any asset's worth stripping!.

The ground is a wreck/Slum

We don't have any players worth more than a couple of bob.

What is there to strip?.

That big telly in the corner must be worth a few bob.

I don't think I could get it in my lounge though.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

That's almost certain to happen and expect to see a couple of our better players leave.

In the meantime staying in the championship is the problem

It's a tough one deciding who to flog. Westwood is the obvious one, although his fee won't be great. I'm still kind of hoping we can just trim off the likes of Jones, Palmer, Winnall and maybe even get a fee for Fletcher. Wishful thinking I know. 

1 hour ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

The players would be missing out on appearance fees as well as clean sheet and goal bonuses (insert joke). I find it very difficult to believe they and their agent would accept that, as well as damaging their own reputation by being labelled injured. 

If several players were being prevented from playing as about to get an appearance bonus or whatever think some would have waived the right to the extra money and wanted to carry on playing. 

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

I didn't know we had any asset's worth stripping!.

The ground is a wreck/Slum

We don't have any players worth more than a couple of bob.

What is there to strip?.

The ground a slum not words I would have thought that a Wednesday fan would ever say. Dated yes but I still love the stadium.

1 hour ago, Hitcat said:

Personally, I think the prices will come down. But to be honest I haven't a clue.

It won't work like that because of the way ffp is spread over a period.  Income has to be consistent while the players contracts run down to counter the effects of the limits imposed by the loss AGAINST ffp; until the restriction has run down....however just because a club has reached ffp limits, doesn't necessarily mean it won't challenge during the lean years;though in our case i agree it is unlikely.