Adam Reach

4 hours ago, coreyswfc said:

He didn't have his best game last night  but put him in the team when we have our best players back and he will look a lot better.

I think the opposite (not about last night as he was garbage)

He looks ok in a team of rubbish - when the good players are back he stands out as being very limited.

As was proved last season

5 hours ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Few good games when he realised he was the main man due to all the injuries. Played well with some confidence instilled after being raved about by team mates and being made captain.

12 mil? You're having a fizz!n laugh!! Average at best. 

Zidane would have struggled with Buttercup and jones for company! 

Been our best player this season. Agree he was not on his best form last night but he has played in almost every match this season including two games a week in the last few weeks. Without him, we would be in even worse shape.

2 minutes ago, Andrew Robinson said:

Been our best player this season. Agree he was not on his best form last night but he has played in almost every match this season including two games a week in the last few weeks. Without him, we would be in even worse shape.

I agree, hes been our best player...which for me shows us the state we are in.

1 hour ago, torres said:

I think the opposite (not about last night as he was garbage)

He looks ok in a team of rubbish - when the good players are back he stands out as being very limited.

As was proved last season

Last season he was getting played all over the place . Reach on the right and a pacey winger on the other flank for me next season. 

6 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Reach and Joao are carrying the team. We're dependent on those two - and it's taking toll on them physically. 

I dont see how this follows. Many teams have “star players” who they rely on. Harry Kane & Delle Alli at Spurs in recent years for example. Both have played the vast majority of fixtures with the pressure of being match winners and no one was commenting how they were struggling physically. 

ATM there’s a message on loop from the club, no ones fit enough to play 2 games in a week. I don’t buy it. How unfit could they possibly be? Even with poor preseason prep they have high levels of residual fitness built up since being 8 or 9 years old and training / playing 4 times a week in the academy system. 

They’ve been professional athletes since 18 years of age. They’ve been playing 2 games a week most of this season and that alone must build cardio fitness and muscle memory. 

Bet if you asked Clare, Boyd, Reach, Palmer, Joao  if they’re  too tired to play you’d get a very different answer.

6 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

He looked like a fish out of water in the 1st half last night, got into the game more in the 2nd half when he seemed to revert ta a more central role, like an old fashioned inside forward.

He is far more affective there than wing back.

Agree, he needs some one else to help with the attacking side of the game, like Clare did against Derby.

Team lost all shape after half time.

Reach was just chasing the ball in midfield because Jones and Butterfield weren't contributing anything of note.

I don't believe for 1 moment he was reverting to a central role deliberately.

3 hours ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Guy had 6 good games when he got some false confidence. Not good enough for our first team when fully fit. Heard it hear first. Wont play regularly for us next year.

How does that help us...now..exactly....

He's one of the few players that look owt like fit...

He was hampered last night by playing with 2 players that get a f.ookin' nose bleed if they cross the halfway line and flank players that can't find a cross.

So Jack Hunt says he's worth 12 mil...Not reach's fault that is it..Its simply a right back that has no f.ookin' idea about how much a football player is worth.

completely disagree he has been one of our most consistent players. Yes he must be knackered he has played all the games, he is asked to cover  many positions and covers a lot of ground. He would benefit from a rest but we cannot do without him. £12m????????????????? never paid this for him, he is our most improved player this year so why be so negative?

2 hours ago, Fibonacci91 said:

I agree, hes been our best player...which for me shows us the state we are in.

You agree he has been the best player of this season, yet start a thread to slag him off....

No other f.ookin' targets come to mind then...for a slating?

How about 

"worst player of the season"...Surely that would be fitting, if you are going to slag someone off

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

I dont see how this follows. Many teams have “star players” who they rely on. Harry Kane & Delle Alli at Spurs in recent years for example. Both have played the vast majority of fixtures with the pressure of being match winners and no one was commenting how they were struggling physically. 

ATM there’s a message on loop from the club, no ones fit enough to play 2 games in a week. I don’t buy it. How unfit could they possibly be? Even with poor preseason prep they have high levels of residual fitness built up since being 8 or 9 years old and training / playing 4 times a week in the academy system. 

They’ve been professional athletes since 18 years of age. They’ve been playing 2 games a week most of this season and that alone must build cardio fitness and muscle memory. 

Bet if you asked Clare, Boyd, Reach, Palmer, Joao  if they’re  too tired to play you’d get a very different answer.

Players lie about their physical condition because they want to play. Tom Lees openly admitted that. Said his injury would have been weeks rather than months if he'd listened to his body. Joao has gone from zero game time to rather a lot mid-season. Probably a shock to the system. Jos knows he can't flog players week in week out through fear of further injury. Then we'd be royally screwed. Reach and Joao are the only ones showing consistent-ish form, hence our dependence on them. Joao is our only goal threat at present. 

If we could add some aggression and bravery to the lad to go with his work rate and all round attitude, he'd be our best player, like K Lee he covers so much ground, chases, harries, closes people down and never shirks getting involved. He's also judging by the amount of yards he covers, yet very rarely misses games through injury that to me says he's probably our fittest player at the club. 

It's the getting shoved off the ball all the time, ducking out of aerial duels or anything close to a 50/50 challenge that just takes him that step down for me,if we could just get him to harness some inner devilment and guts he'd be such a far improved player.