Games and results under Jos Luhukay

Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 07.24.31.jpg

Looking at the above I think that the next few home games will unveil what Jos has been working towards.

Since he arrived we stopped shipping in goals initially, got some crucial points on the board, and all whilst getting players fitter.

The last three games have been shocking but the next two games could be a different beast entirely.

We have the two biggest games coming up that Jos will have been saving the big guns for, where he will put together a side of strength, get the points needed to secure safety, and we can all then breathe a sigh of relief

Ipswich probably think they have a mad chance of sneaking into the playoffs so they kind of still have something to play for.

Bolton are really dangerous despite their form and league position, as they are scrapping for their lives and we all know that if you want to break your duck when on a bad run that Sheffield Wednesday are the team who usually hand it to you on a plate.

So we need really positive vibes this week. Think positive, stay positive, win positively.

There's been a method in Jos' madness recently, saving the best players for the most winnable games. These two are the most winnable on paper and so it makes sense entirely to unleash the big guns and blast us to safety

Come on Jos - make it happen!

Owlstalk Shop

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 07.24.31.jpg

Looking at the above I think that the next few home games will unveil what Jos has been working towards.

Since he arrived we stopped shipping in goals initially, got some crucial points on the board, and all whilst getting players fitter.

The last three games have been shocking but the next two games could be a different beast entirely.

We have the two biggest games coming up that Jos will have been saving the big guns for, where he will put together a side of strength, get the points needed to secure safety, and we can all then breathe a sigh of relief

Ipswich probably think they have a mad chance of sneaking into the playoffs so they kind of still have something to play for.

Bolton are really dangerous despite their form and league position, as they are scrapping for their lives and we all know that if you want to break your duck when on a bad run that Sheffield Wednesday are the team who usually hand it to you on a plate.

So we need really positive vibes this week. Think positive, stay positive, win positively.

There's been a method in Jos' madness recently, saving the best players for the most winnable games. These two are the most winnable on paper and so it makes sense entirely to unleash the big guns and blast us to safety

Come on Jos - make it happen!

Got to give him a chance, he's only been here 5 mins

3 minutes ago, Archie irvine said:

Got to give him a chance, he's only been here 5 mins

This plus we've had a couple of good cup performances that are not recorded on the chart, whilst the Villa match was much better than a lot of matches played earlier in the season with a better squad. Unfortunately tomorrow we're playing against another rested squad, Ipswich. 

Trying to be positive but that's pretty dire to be honest, packed the defence to shore us up initially, the only bright spark, the win v Derby  (when the players dictated training if I recall correctly). Then came Millwall when we played with no strikers in a 5-5-0 (not 3-4-3 as suggested in the list).  Since then the players seem to have lost all confidence and given up.

Love the optimism that Jos has some master plan that will come good. Thing that riles me is that even if the players available at the minute lack ability there is no excuse for lack of effort. That's something any half decent manager should be able to get from his team. Wednesday players simply look uninterested at the minute.

1 minute ago, GMOwl72 said:

Love the optimism that Jos has some master plan that will come good. Thing that riles me is that even if the players available at the minute lack ability there is no excuse for lack of effort. 

Think they're just getting totally outclassed

Whilst there's been an initial excitement about the young un's coming through and the fact we've not been trounced week in week out since the whole first team disappeared on us, in reality we should be getting thumped every game. 

The results aren't a shock as the players currently being placed in the first team just aren't good enough.

Not just that, but the starting lineup is a totally different one every single game.

What we're seeing isn't a shock to me. The uplift we had when Jos came were the clean sheets and the draws

Let's hope now we are getting the established first teamers back in the side, that we see some kind of halt to the losses we've seen in the last few games

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Think they're just getting totally outclassed

Whilst there's been an initial excitement about the young un's coming through and the fact we've not been trounced week in week out since the whole first team disappeared on us, in reality we should be getting thumped every game. 

The results aren't a shock as the players currently being placed in the first team just aren't good enough.

Not just that, but the starting lineup is a totally different one every single game

I don’t think we should be expected to win every game given the players we have to choose from, but I think whoever you put out there we should be able to expect a bit more.... I wouldn’t even expect to see what happened in the lead up to their pen on Sat in League 2 for example to be fair!

Also I did think that in the first few games, especially noticeable against Utd away and Cardiff at home Jos had told them to play safety first and just get rid of the ball at the back. For some reason now they seem to have been told to do the opposite and exactly as you said they aren’t good enough to do this... so given I’m sure Jos can see this why aren’t they just been told to get rid... like in the first few games?

Edited by nldowl

Just now, nldowl said:

I don’t think we should be expected to win every game given the players we have to choose from, but I think whoever you put out there we should be able to expect a bit more....

What makes you think that though?

If you'd been shown the starting lineup before the season started as the actual team for the campaign and asked to predict where you'd finish with it I'd be shocked if you didn't say 'definitely relegation with that team'

So there's no divine right to start winning games with the team we're putting out currently. It's a ramshackle made up team of reserves and kids. 

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If you'd been shown the starting lineup before the season started as the actual team for the campaign and asked to predict where you'd finish with it I'd be shocked if you didn't say 'definitely relegation with that team'

So there's no divine right to start winning games with the team we're putting out currently. It's a ramshackle made up team of reserves and kids. 

By expect more though I mean not see the likes of what happened for their pen....I’m not expecting many games to be won with these players, just better performances and in some cases a bit more effort... like not backing out of challenges which I’ve seen a bit of. 

Just now, nldowl said:

By expect more though I mean not see the likes of what happened for their pen....I’m not expecting many games to be won with these players, just better performances and in some cases a bit more effort... like not backing out of challenges which I’ve seen a bit of. 

This is the kind of thing that happens when you patch a team up and send them out like we are doing though

In previous years when we've had poor players and got hammered fans were saying they expected more, expected wins etc but in reality the players just weren't good enough for the division they were playing in

We have a similar situation at the moment. No matter how much we want or expect, these players just aren't good enough 

Owlstalk Shop

how things are at present those results would be what I expected apart from the brum game where we let ourselves down badly ......no shock even with our strongest side out to get beat by villa,millwall & Bristol. .....been some good performances against the blunts,cardiff,derby.....shut out boro &the villa game while lost was a joy to watch after the turgid rubbish we have been seeing for the past 2 seasons .......he's doing ok imo.

It has been absolutely awful hasn't it. Lets not pretend otherwise.

Only the massive injury list which is really saving him. Still think a Warnock or McCarthy type manager would have got a lot more out of the players avalible to them though and we would have a few more wins on the board. players don't seem to be buying into whatever it is he is trying to do. Personally I will be very surprised if he is still here next season.

To get a more rounded view of our situation, forget the results and look at the performances. My take on this is that United, Cardiff and Derby were all good performances. Boro, Villa and Barnsley were decent without being great. B'ham was dreadful but because of reasons that won't occur again and Millwall was bad. The City performance was an absolute disgrace...no two ways about it, and that is worrying because it's our most recent form guide.

However, that may work in our favour as the players and management will want to erase that performance from the fans memory ASAP so here's hoping JL can shuffle the pack (no Fox or Palmer please) and we come out fighting for the next round.

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

No it's not.