I must confess, I am finding this difficult. I haven’t travelled today. I switched on Sky fully ex[pecting us to be trailing and we were. Over the years I have always tended to be glass half full and at least “hoped” we would pick up points. Unfortunately, with the football we are playing we are getting what we deserve. Nothing. As Radio Sheffield said, the score line tells the story. 

I still hope we can rebuild in this division rather than elsewhere. My concern is that having gone for the “poo or bust” strategy in the first two seasons, we may end up with both. FFP is a real concern. The only positive is the quality of the academy players and that has to be our future not expensive imports who are lacking in fitness.

Our problems run deep and won't be resolved overnight.

I just hope we can stay up, then we have a chance to regroup, reshape and prepare for a better campaign next term.

I'm still on the fence regards Jos, after some solid early defensive performances we are now shipping goals at an alarming rate.

Not sure he's the right man but it's very difficult to judge given the long term 'injury' problems.

Our Chairman has behaved rather oddly this season, but his financial commitment cannot be questioned.

If we stay up I think it's time to bring in a recognised manager to tweak the team, I still believe the bulk of our squad is worth keeping... and just a few need upgrading ( most of us are in general agreement who they are )

First and foremost we need to stay up.

13 minutes ago, Reallondonowl said:

The only positive is the quality of the academy players and that has to be our future not expensive imports who are lacking in fitness.

Team full of expensive imports -> 4th place.

Team full of academy players -> struggling above the relegation zone.

It's nice to see the kids play, but if we are serious about promotion any time in the future, are they going to be good enough to get us there?

• Like 2

How many of our 'defenders' today were academy players and how many our regulars? 

Something is radically wrong and I believe this is why Carlos  'jumped ship'. For two seasons he had us pushing for promotion.Along with others, I believe he overstayed his time, but his performance at Swansea have been exemplary.

Dare I say it, the man we need (not necessarily want) is the relegation -avoiding expert Warhurst?

Unfortunately it seems our better academy players get their heads turned by the prospect of earning bigger bucks elsewhere. Our only hope is that we can do what United and Barnsley do and sell them for millions but we don't seem capable of doing that either. 

Edited by wharncliffeowl
typo

1 hour ago, Reallondonowl said:

I must confess, I am finding this difficult. I haven’t travelled today. I switched on Sky fully ex[pecting us to be trailing and we were. Over the years I have always tended to be glass half full and at least “hoped” we would pick up points. Unfortunately, with the football we are playing we are getting what we deserve. Nothing. As Radio Sheffield said, the score line tells the story. 

I still hope we can rebuild in this division rather than elsewhere. My concern is that having gone for the “poo or bust” strategy in the first two seasons, we may end up with both. FFP is a real concern. The only positive is the quality of the academy players and that has to be our future not expensive imports who are lacking in fitness.

have you seen this mate https://twitter.com/JosIsOurKing/status/969972097031327744/video/1

1 hour ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Our problems run deep and won't be resolved overnight.

I just hope we can stay up, then we have a chance to regroup, reshape and prepare for a better campaign next term.

I'm still on the fence regards Jos, after some solid early defensive performances we are now shipping goals at an alarming rate.

Not sure he's the right man but it's very difficult to judge given the long term 'injury' problems.

Our Chairman has behaved rather oddly this season, but his financial commitment cannot be questioned.

If we stay up I think it's time to bring in a recognised manager to tweak the team, I still believe the bulk of our squad is worth keeping... and just a few need upgrading ( most of us are in general agreement who they are )

First and foremost we need to stay up.

I agreed with what jos was trying to do when he first arrived. Trouble is now we are very poor defensively. He has made us worse.

Also the most worrying moment was the millwall line up, after a positive result against Derby and a good show against swansea. I just get dumbfounded thinking about that line up. Suggests to me he’s out of his depth.

53 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

I agreed with what jos was trying to do when he first arrived. Trouble is now we are very poor defensively. He has made us worse.

Also the most worrying moment was the millwall line up, after a positive result against Derby and a good show against swansea. I just get dumbfounded thinking about that line up. Suggests to me he’s out of his depth.

I hear ya ! I travelled to that and i still have bad dreams

3 hours ago, Reallondonowl said:

Didn’t go

Didn't listen 

Couldn’t even be bothered to watch scores come in from kick off 

Starts thread about today - perfect 

3 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

How many of our 'defenders' today were academy players and how many our regulars? 

Something is radically wrong and I believe this is why Carlos  'jumped ship'. For two seasons he had us pushing for promotion.Along with others, I believe he overstayed his time, but his performance at Swansea have been exemplary.

Dare I say it, the man we need (not necessarily want) is the relegation -avoiding expert Warhurst?

Warhurst,  I'm in with you 

• Haha 1

I’ve been doing some painting at home today, normally I’d have the match on the radio. Couldn’t be arsed today as I knew what was coming. Kept asking Alexa the score, but stopped asking at 3-0

3 hours ago, leono said:

Team full of expensive imports -> 4th place.

Team full of academy players -> struggling above the relegation zone.

It's nice to see the kids play, but if we are serious about promotion any time in the future, are they going to be good enough to get us there?

Promotion is gone, we will be lucky if we are in the position to challenge again any time in the next 5-10 years.