1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

The city pressing... reminded me of a bunch of hyenas and a frightened gazelle.

Proper FFS.

It's a new low, but that's a very good analogy. 

I've only seen the highlights (i use the term loosely of course) but there are several individuals on the field that do not even look like they've played the game before let alone are professionals. It's truly head in hands stuff.

4 hours ago, leono said:

Team full of expensive imports -> 4th place.

Team full of academy players -> struggling above the relegation zone.

It's nice to see the kids play, but if we are serious about promotion any time in the future, are they going to be good enough to get us there?

Feel too many forget this

Just now, Morepork said:

It's a new low, but that's a very good analogy. 

I've only seen the highlights (i use the term loosely of course) but there are several individuals on the field that do not even look like they've played the game before let alone are professionals. It's truly head in hands stuff.

The odd thing is how controlled we were against Derby....it's all bloody weird mate.

FFS

19 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Have we won in that anniversary kit yet? Did we wear it away at forest I can’t remember now. This season is becoming like a bad dream

Yes we did and that was the last time we looked anything like a competitive team ....

Since then it's been brown cordoroys and bicycle clips mate as I'm sure you aspire .....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Have we won in that anniversary kit yet? Did we wear it away at forest I can’t remember now. This season is becoming like a bad dream

If Martin Luther King's dream had been about our season nobody would have needed to assassinate him, he'd have done that himself.

13 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Feel too many forget this

I don’t think anyone is forgetting this at all. We bet the farm and we came up short. We therefore need to offload and rebuild. My point is that its good news that we have some good youngsters coming through.

BTW, how many have forgotten the “you win nothing with youngsters” phrase which the Nevilles, Butt Beckham and Scholes made a mockery of ?

1 hour ago, Reallondonowl said:

I don’t think anyone is forgetting this at all. We bet the farm and we came up short. We therefore need to offload and rebuild. My point is that its good news that we have some good youngsters coming through.

BTW, how many have forgotten the “you win nothing with youngsters” phrase which the Nevilles, Butt Beckham and Scholes made a mockery of ?

But that generation of footballers and what they did will probably never happen again. They had some decent experience  around them too. 

It absolutely is good we have youth coming through, no question. Just can't be reliant on them as they are learning. Blend is key