Hutchison - I'm fit but not allowed to train

Guest mkowl
32 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

Hmmm, a mate took his young lad into the megastore before the Villa game last week to meet Sam and the other player. Infact the photo with Sam was on Wednesday's twitter or instagram page, i don't know how these things work.

Paddy asked Sam that exact same question and got the exact same answer.

Me and a few other mates were talking about it in the North Stand and we all agreed that hopefully our mate had either misinterpreted what Sam told him or that he was on the wind up, Sam or our mate.

Now i read this!

Not sure what to think and will be one of many topics of conversation on the way down to Bristol.

:picnic:

Someone posted the same story on OO after the game last week. Although - can't remember if the same person - said he was late because he had been training beforehand. 

And these were not stirrers. It did beg in each case for follow up questions because it was open to interpretation.

Perhaps it's the reason why all the other players were getting injured on their return as we know Sam likes a challenge.

Impossible to get to the bottom of this just more fodder distracting us all from what really matters, points.

Sam deserved a new contract, no doubt. But, it should have rewarded him with the going rate when he was fit and playing but giving him much less when he wasn’t. If the club have neglected to consider his injury record when offering a new deal then more fool them.

If you look at his appearances this season, he’s made 5 starts and 2 sub appearances? I’m certain we don’t have contractual bonus for Sam if he triggers 6 starts/9 appearances in a season. 

Overall, 79 starts/84 appearances since 2014. Hardly an ever present close to a reward for number of appearances? 

Might be wrong but I can’t see anything contractual in this at all. 

:CEO:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RocastleFan said:

If you look at his appearances this season, he’s made 5 starts and 2 sub appearances? I’m certain we don’t have contractual bonus for Sam if he triggers 6 starts/9 appearances in a season. 

Overall, 79 starts/84 appearances since 2014. Hardly an ever present close to a reward for number of appearances? 

Might be wrong but I can’t see anything contractual in this at all. 

:CEO:

Contracts are nowhere near that simple

I could name you three players whose salaries increase significantly every time they play 10 games

And no, I'm not naming them

Guest mkowl

The problem is it rightly or wrongly adds a bit of fuel to the fire that there is something not quite right behind the scenes.

The Club have been asked and denied this so we do have to move on but the truth will out when the contracts come to an end and those affected are free to talk without risk of coneback

Guest mkowl
Just now, McRightSide said:

I could name you three players whose salaries increase significantly every time they play 10 games

And it could be a cumulative games over the length of the contract.

Not related to a Wednesday player but recall seeing the clauses of one contract and there was some weird and wonderful ones in there. And the step up % wise of base salary for hitting certain milestones fascinated me

When players move from club to club it will be the add ons that make the difference over where they choose

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

And it could be a cumulative games over the length of the contract.

Not related to a Wednesday player but recall seeing the clauses of one contract and there was some weird and wonderful ones in there. And the step up % wise of base salary for hitting certain milestones fascinated me

When players move from club to club it will be the add ons that make the difference over where they choose

You should see some of the contracts in the NBA. 

7 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

So if they play 100 games for us what would they be on with all there pay rises

I’m not one for conspiracies but there’s something clearly not right behind the scenes. 

The amount of injuries we have suffered this season to all our key players is quite frankly unbelievable. If you look at our accounts, we are in a complete financial mess. I’m not talking last year’s figures, im talking the year ending May 2018 with the major possibility of breaching FFP but the years after where we owe £47m to creditors. 

We really need to get promoted next season!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Why would he not be allowed to train?

He's not allowed to train because when he does he just flies around the pitch growling at people, sliding 10 metres into challenges and diving in with both feet. 

He's actually the reason for the whole injury crisis at the club and am amazed no one has worked this out.

The truth will out.

• Haha 3

As far as I know the guy in the shop asked him when he would be back playing (as in matches). He said he was fit and said he didn't know. I don't believe for a second that a player would give away details of any hidden contract clause problems.

We all know Sam has been extremely frustrated this season with his lack of game time compared to last season. He said back in December that it had been a horrific season and then it got worse for him. He's probably frustrated because Carlos used to bring him back quickly whereas Jos likes his players to be fully fit before he brings them back.

As far as I know, Jos said he had been training on his own, then had started training with the team. According to the journos he was due to play in the under 23s match this week but it was cancelled because of the weather. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Owl 44 said:

As far as I know the guy in the shop asked him when he would be back playing (as in matches). He said he was fit and said he didn't know. I don't believe for a second that a player would give away details of any hidden contract clause problems.

We all know Sam has been extremely frustrated this season with his lack of game time compared to last season. He said back in December that it had been a horrific season and then it got worse for him. He's probably frustrated because Carlos used to bring him back quickly whereas Jos likes his players to be fully fit before he brings them back.

As far as I know, Jos said he had been training on his own, then had started training with the team. According to the journos he was due to play in the under 23s match this week but it was cancelled because of the weather. 

Thanks mate

Let's hope we get to see him back before the end of the season

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Pieman said:

I’m really looking forward to Jos’ wry smile and total dismissal of Staton when he asks this ludicrous question....

There will be at least two requests to re-ask the question before dismissing it

Edited by McRightSide
  • Haha 1

Oh and for all you conspiracy theorists out there, Sam played his 100th game for Sheffield Wednesday on Boxing day at Nottingham Forest. Then he played again at Brentford before needing another hernia operation in January. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Owl 44 said:

Oh and for all you conspiracy theorists out there, Sam played his 100th game for Sheffield Wednesday on Boxing day at Nottingham Forest. Then he played again at Brentford before needing another hernia operation in January. 

Didnt know it was mandatory for all pay rises, extensions and bonuses to be paid after 100 games

Thanks for clarifying. I guess it means we won't be seeing Barry Bannan again.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Semedo's ferret said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Gingeee_SWFC/status/969545958550884352

If any truth in this then DC can stick my season ticket where the sun don't shine. That's this seasons and the next three I was buying. For 6 of us. :sad:

A friend of mine knows his neighbour.

SH pretty much said the same to him & couple of weeks ago.

4 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

Either way that means absolutely nothing mate really

100 games isn't a definitive number of games for anything

Owlstalk Shop