Sheffield Wednesday on Football Manager 2018

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

t620x300-4305a54d13bbb33e3df75c45df910937.jpg

FOOTBALL MANAGER 2018

Ok I'm now totally addicted to this. After a slow start falling in love with it and really struggling to get any success with Sheffield Wednesday, I've dropped down to the lowest league possible and started with Salford FC, utilising Jos's tactics and formation and am currently sat top of the league in January.

I can't get anything like that as boss of Sheffield Wednesday though? Just get absolutely hammered every match

Anyone else playing this edition? How you finding it as Sheffield Wednesday? Any success?

Football Manager 2018http://amzn.to/2GSLQum

Get back on it with Wednesday and let us all know when the big bonuses for number of appearances start to kick in! :ph34r:

Cheat codes???

I started a new game with Wednesday were I'm just not going to sign anybody(Apart from making Venancio and Butterfield Permanent) the challenge is to win everything and become the richest club in the world.

1st season I've 1 game left but 108 points and in semi of FA Cup v Liverpool.

Got a online Italy game going with a mate and just starting 4th season at a new club MILAN so hoping for European success. First 3 seasons with Parma won Serie B, Serie A then Italian Super Cup while finishing 2nd.

Dying to have a game with a Barca or Real though so I can sign anybody and see how good a squad I can accumulate.

Guest Grez Bez
4 hours ago, Rebowl Yell said:

I’ve never met a person who plays football manager who isn’t a total sanctimonious so and so that thinks they know everything about football because they got Worksop Town into League 2 with all the cheat codes active. 

There aren't any cheat codes you wally!

8 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

There’s a cheat code for this that keeps your players fit for the season avoiding most injuries. 

Just enter MEGGOGRENO11 and you’ll have the fittest team in the league and have very little injuries for the rest of the season. 

You’re welcome garymegson

Comment of the year already 

Between 99-2005 this game was at its peak.

Now it’s almost like a full time job and I don’t have time for it. Training regimes, knowing each player, having to decide what role you want your player to play (not Just centre mid but what kind exactly), press conferences. 

Its very realistic, but not much good if you want to pick something up for an hour and not come away fed up afterwards 

Guest Grez Bez
1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Between 99-2005 this game was at its peak.

Now it’s almost like a full time job and I don’t have time for it. Training regimes, knowing each player, having to decide what role you want your player to play (not Just centre mid but what kind exactly), press conferences. 

Its very realistic, but not much good if you want to pick something up for an hour and not come away fed up afterwards 

Play the touch version.

I downloaded CM 01/02 with all the modern players & league recently

LOVED it

https://www.champman0102.co.uk/

On 01/03/2018 at 13:25, Lord Snooty said:

I think that viruses should be written  into the programming of these sorts of games so that no matter what you do,  what you spend, whatever tactics,  whatever league or club, you always lose and finish bottom.

These games have created a monstrous generation. 

Never did me any harm, no one can take my Dagenham and Redbridge  Champions League winners medal away from me from 1998, when UEFA finally get round to sending it to me. 

lol

• Haha 3

Only had one save with Wednesday this year, got about 20 games in and sort of gave up as I found the game at that stage to be quite buggy. Will give it another go at some point. Always like to do one after the season to see how I compare. I'm quite hopeful of doing better this year after the clusterf*ck of a season we have had.

18 hours ago, Imre-Banana said:

Sure can...

fm18.png

Pretty sure he lives over here in NZ now where he’s carved out a niche for himself writing computer games that still look like they are from the 80’s..... lol