Sheffield Wednesday on Football Manager 2018

t620x300-4305a54d13bbb33e3df75c45df910937.jpg

FOOTBALL MANAGER 2018

Ok I'm now totally addicted to this. After a slow start falling in love with it and really struggling to get any success with Sheffield Wednesday, I've dropped down to the lowest league possible and started with Salford FC, utilising Jos's tactics and formation and am currently sat top of the league in January.

I can't get anything like that as boss of Sheffield Wednesday though? Just get absolutely hammered every match

Anyone else playing this edition? How you finding it as Sheffield Wednesday? Any success?

Football Manager 2018http://amzn.to/2GSLQum

Owlstalk Shop

I think that viruses should be written  into the programming of these sorts of games so that no matter what you do,  what you spend, whatever tactics,  whatever league or club, you always lose and finish bottom.

These games have created a monstrous generation. 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I think that viruses should be written  into the programming of these sorts of games so that no matter what you do,  what you spend, whatever tactics,  whatever league or club, you always lose and finish bottom.

These games have created a monstrous generation. 

Professional football clubs in the top divisions are using this game as scouting tools (seriously)

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, brett11 said:

Tend to avoid being Wednesday on any game as I find I have my favourites whether they are decent on it or not. Would rather be another side and pick a couple of Wednesday lads to suit the team or league

Also I haven’t played this years game yet

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brett11 said:

Tend to avoid being Wednesday on any game as I find I have my favourites whether they are decent on it or not. Would rather be another side and pick a couple of Wednesday lads to suit the team or league

It's the first team I go for every year but always the hardest

lol

Owlstalk Shop

I got FM17 Touch just before FM18 came out and i'm pretty happy with it. Got Wednesday promoted and won the FA Cup in my first season after being the evens favorite to be sacked in January. May do a National League side next as one of my mates say it's a big challenge.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm not even kidding

The attributes of players on the game are used by scouts now

Scouts? What, bloody boy scouts! A proper scout wouldn't know how to turn a computer on, much less spend 17 hours in a dark room staring at a computer monitor watching a brain melting screen of made up results. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I've got that too but never even opened it once as I've got absolutely no idea what it actually is?

What is it? (in kid language)

FM Touch is basically a simplified version of FM where press interaction is minimal and you can sim through games faster. The Full FM is better if you're seriously into Youth Development (as you have a full reserve team whereas in FMT you have a combined reserves) and if you're really into giving team talks and doing pre-match press conferences every game. It isn't for everyone i'll say that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JanikowskiSWFC said:

FM Touch is basically a simplified version of FM where press interaction is minimal and you can sim through games faster. The Full FM is better if you're seriously into Youth Development (as you have a full reserve team whereas in FMT you have a combined reserves) and if you're really into giving team talks and doing pre-match press conferences every game. It isn't for everyone i'll say that.

Can you play it on your Iphone/Ipad?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grez Bez
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah, its basically made for that

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I found this: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/football-manager-touch-2018/id1239862001?mt=8

Slightly more expensive than the Google Play version for some odd reason. If you want to play FM on Mobile this is the way to go (FM Mobile is rubbish in my opinion), but your device may not be compatible with it as I know you can't get it on most Android devices.

• Thanks 1