Carlos v Jos

Think these figures are correct. 

Carlos for SWFC this season

30 points from 26 league games (1.15pts per game). 

Jos for SWFC this season

7 points from 8 league games (0.875pts per game).  

I know, I know. Injuries....

Still, if we keep averaging the current points total under Jos we will get 10 more points. 

Enough for safety?

Guest Bulgaria

i think Carlos would come out in round 1 and be all defensive, maybe up until the 6th round, jos would be weaving and ducking without throwing any punches, both of them would make Johnny Nelson look like Mike Tyson.

Come the 12th round, the ringside seats would be empty.

It would be a draw, yet both would come to the interview afterwards blaming injuries and a lack of fitness.

1 minute ago, Bulgaria said:

i think Carlos would come out in round 1 and be all defensive, maybe up until the 6th round, jos would be weaving and ducking without throwing any punches, both of them would make Johnny Nelson look like Mike Tyson.

Come the 12th round, the ringside seats would be empty.

It would be a draw, yet both would come to the interview afterwards blaming injuries and a lack of fitness.

Carlos would just close the doors and windows and not let anyone in...

It's not fair to pass judgement on luhukay until hes had most of the first team squad back for a month.

Its been a crap season blighted by injury, but as sheffield wednesday fans if we manage to avoid relegation, before the last day, we have to accept it as progress as a club.

Since relegation from the premier league anytime we had bad luck or a bad season it meant relegation (especially in the championship).

Crap seasons happen. Get over it

Jos is currently doing worse than Carlos.

Plenty of excuses for this, so far too early to start writing him off.

There have been some bright spots (derby, first half v villa), but also some really tepid displays and bizarre team selections.

The alarming thing has been the performances, the players have never looked so disinterested. Not expecting the back ups to be the most skillful, do expect them to be up for proving themselves when given the chance.

There seems to be a lack of desire, heart and hunger in the team and the manager should be doing more to motivate these players. This is their big chance to impress!

There should be zero judgement of Jos until the squad are back fit and playing

Anyone judging Jos whilst he's in the position he's in and having to play two very different sides every time he sends them out, relying on U23's and reserve players, and having to avoid relegation should be told to give it a rest and give the bloke a fighting chance.

He doesn't give it all the winks at camera that Carlos did, he doesn't have 'Jos has a dream' stitched into his jackets, but then again he doesn't send injured players out to play a full throttle championship game either.

Don't be judging Jos. It's unfair, not right, and bizarre.

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Carlos for SWFC this season

30 points from 26 league games (1.15pts per game). 

Jos for SWFC this season

7 points from 8 league games (0.875pts per game). 

Stupid comparison to start with.

8 league games..

against who?

Villa, Utd, Derby, Middlesboro, Cardiff..

Which with our fit players should all be certain losses.

Instead we got 6 points.

Carlos has better players and weaker opponents.

Everyone stop being in such a hurry to judge people. You just look stupid for doing it.

Guest Bulgaria
6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Anyone judging Jos whilst he's in the position he's in and having to play two very different sides every time he sends them out, relying on U23's and reserve players, and having to avoid relegation should be told to give it a rest and give the bloke a fighting chance.

He doesn't give it all the winks at camera that Carlos did, he doesn't have 'Jos has a dream' stitched into his jackets, but then again he doesn't send injured players out to play a full throttle championship game either.

Sorry Neil but I have to disagree. 

Going in your theory then... If jos loses every game from now on 4-0, would you still say it's unfair to criticize?

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Jos wasn't brought to Hillsborough to manage a fully fit, high performing squad. That wasn't the job description because it wasn't reality.

The remit for whichever manager was given the light was to manage an injury hit squad to safety.

Jos need to be judged EXACTLY on how he performs NOW. It's bizarre that some don't see it.

32 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Stupid comparison to start with.

8 league games..

against who?

Villa, Utd, Derby, Middlesboro, Cardiff..

Which with our fit players should all be certain losses.

Instead we got 6 points.

Carlos has better players and weaker opponents.

Everyone stop being in such a hurry to judge people. You just look stupid for doing it.

Only one of us looks stupid here.

Please show me where I have judged anyone.  All I have done is present facts and then ask if those facts lead to a probability of survival.  

36 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not judging him, Neil.  Just asking the question of whether people think the current points-per-game total is going to keep us in the Championship.

I think Jos is on a hiding to nothing.