Carlos v Jos

50 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He doesn't give it all the winks at camera that Carlos did, he doesn't have 'Jos has a dream' stitched into his jackets, but then again he doesn't send injured players out to play a full throttle championship game either.

....kin ...ell, when did CC do that lol

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc

Bannan, Hutch, Hooper and Lees (+Abdi) we're led to believe aren't too far away from returning. I'd expect them to make a positive difference. To be honest the cup exit will help him too.

Be fairer to judge him versus Carlos when he has something approaching the players Carlos had at his disposal for a fair chunk of the season. 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

Jos wasn't brought to Hillsborough to manage a fully fit, high performing squad. That wasn't the job description because it wasn't reality.

The remit for whichever manager was given the light was to manage an injury hit squad to safety.

Jos need to be judged EXACTLY on how he performs NOW. It's bizarre that some don't see it.

True but the thread title is comparing him specifically with Carlos. Jos hasn't had the same playing resources so far so that comparison is out of kilter.

10 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Only one of us looks stupid here.

Please show me where I have judged anyone.  All I have done is present facts and then ask if those facts lead to a probability of survival.  

You could have just shown Jos's record since he came here if you were genuinely only interested in knowing if 10 points will be enough. Adding CC's record into the post seems to suggest there was an element of comparison, implied or otherwise. 

7 minutes ago, Almat said:

You could have just shown Jos's record since he came here if you were genuinely only interested in knowing if 10 points will be enough. Adding CC's record into the post seems to suggest there was an element of comparison, implied or otherwise. 

It's relevant to our points per game ratio and looking at different manager records is reasonable. 

For the record, despite the lower rate of points my opinion is that Jos is doing a better job than Carlos. Not to say I think he is doing a great job. Just better than the shambles under Carlos who had a better team to pick from. 

To be fair I should have included Bullen as well.  

Westwood, Lees, Hutchinson, Forestieri, Bannan, Van Aken, Hooper, Lee.

Jos has had NONE of those players available to him since he arrived. It's crazy to write him off without allowing him to work with some of his better players. Yes he has to get results with what he has but I would argue that he has got creditable results already. I'd say 11/12 points more sees us safe and that is the aim for him. No last gasp run for the play offs, no points target. 21st or above. That's it.