In support of Jos

10 minutes ago, NornOwl said:

Anyone who STILL puts Butterfield in the squad, nevermind the starting eleven is off as far as I'm concerned. 

Apart from his shot last night he did nothing right. He can't pass five yards, he's slow and can't tackle. 

How that lad is a professional of Championship standard I'll never know.

It appears that Butterfield (and Jones) has been replaced by Reach, Pelupessy and Clare. 

32 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Let’s be fair, we can’t ask anything of him other than to keep us up; anyone that thinks that is going to be a walk in the park is deluded.

Jos was handed a squad with 12 long-term injured players - bad enough for any squad but compounded by the fact that these were first team regulars. Of those players available many were held together with sticking plaster and knackered due to being played constantly or with minor injuries, or not match sharp due to not being played at all. All of our squad were coached by Carlos in a negative “keep ball” style where the ball was constantly passed to and fro across the back line and confidence was on the floor after winning just one league game in 11 attempts. 

Some people are now dismissing Jos as a bad manager even though he has the record to prove otherwise. 

Let’s be realistic and give Jos a chance. 

Couldn't agree more as I have said before been here less than 2 months and we have an out with Jos circus.

26 minutes ago, shandypants said:

It appears that Butterfield (and Jones) has been replaced by Reach, Pelupessy and Clare. 

Which has removed Reach, our stand out attacking player this season, from any sort of attacking play.

Negative.

I have my doubts Jos is the right man for us, he seems as lifeless as the players and the football is just as bad, it was a strange and dangerous appointment at the time and I’ve seen nothing to suggest to me otherwise since.

Still very early days with Jos and I'm still right behind him.

He's inherited a very good squad of players with 3/4 of them unavailable.

Since the first game against the Pigs he had adapted his line-up to suit the players we have available and got some meritorious results.

- Good points against Pigs, Cardiff and Middlesbrough (and three clean sheets), two good wins in the cup, and a cracking win over Derby.

- Horror show against Birmingham where everything that could go wrong did, a good showing against Villa where we deserved a point

The team selections against Swansea (home) and Millwall were initially baffling, but it is no secret that we are the least fit team in the division - he is having to ration his players' game time to ensure they can reach the end of the season. It's a nightmare situation but I'd rather we do that than go into the last three or four games with another six players out injured. If we lose Pudil, Reach and Joao we're done for.

Jos' sole focus right now will be on keeping us up - the fixture schedule couldn't be any worse for us right now as we don't have the fitness to play two games a week, so he'll have to keep chopping and changing.

Consequently, he'll be the one getting the stick if results don't go well, whereas in actuality he is having to clean up the mess left by the previous regime.

We're out of the cup now so at least that's one more midweek fixture we don't have to schedule.

We still have players who are doing us proud - Wildsmith, Dawson, Hunt, Venancio, Pudil, Reach, Clare, Pelupessy, Joao, Nuhiu - if we can get just a couple of the injured players back we should be alright. Forestieri would keep us up if he can manage the last six games.

I want to see what we look like after a full Luhukay pre-season. We'd transform into one of the fittest teams in the division, and if we can clear out some deadwood and replace them with hungry young players willing to put the a shift in, we've still got enough quality to cause damage in this division.

We just have to stay alive for the remaining 12 games.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

He was our best attacker against Villa.

That may well be the case for one game.

Before his move to central midfield it was the case more often than not. 

I was hoping he'd be given a chance up top, to me he's got the makings of a great striker. Just like Warhurst back in the day...

4 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Still very early days with Jos and I'm still right behind him.

He's inherited a very good squad of players with 3/4 of them unavailable.

Since the first game against the Pigs he had adapted his line-up to suit the players we have available and got some meritorious results.

- Good points against Pigs, Cardiff and Middlesbrough (and three clean sheets), two good wins in the cup, and a cracking win over Derby.

- Horror show against Birmingham where everything that could go wrong did, a good showing against Villa where we deserved a point

The team selections against Swansea (home) and Millwall were initially baffling, but it is no secret that we are the least fit team in the division - he is having to ration his players' game time to ensure they can reach the end of the season. It's a nightmare situation but I'd rather we do that than go into the last three or four games with another six players out injured. If we lose Pudil, Reach and Joao we're done for.

Jos' sole focus right now will be on keeping us up - the fixture schedule couldn't be any worse for us right now as we don't have the fitness to play two games a week, so he'll have to keep chopping and changing.

Consequently, he'll be the one getting the stick if results don't go well, whereas in actuality he is having to clean up the mess left by the previous regime.

We're out of the cup now so at least that's one more midweek fixture we don't have to schedule.

We still have players who are doing us proud - Wildsmith, Dawson, Hunt, Venancio, Pudil, Reach, Clare, Pelupessy, Joao, Nuhiu - if we can get just a couple of the injured players back we should be alright. Forestieri would keep us up if he can manage the last six games.

I want to see what we look like after a full Luhukay pre-season. We'd transform into one of the fittest teams in the division, and if we can clear out some deadwood and replace them with hungry young players willing to put the a shift in, we've still got enough quality to cause damage in this division.

We just have to stay alive for the remaining 12 games.

Amen to that.

5 minutes ago, NornOwl said:

That may well be the case for one game.

Before his move to central midfield it was the case more often than not. 

I was hoping he'd be given a chance up top, to me he's got the makings of a great striker. Just like Warhurst back in the day...

And Derby

2 hours ago, NornOwl said:

Anyone who STILL puts Butterfield in the squad, nevermind the starting eleven is off as far as I'm concerned. 

Apart from his shot last night he did nothing right. He can't pass five yards, he's slow and can't tackle. 

How that lad is a professional of Championship standard I'll never know.

Do you want to list the other available central midfield players?