In support of Jos

Let’s be fair, we can’t ask anything of him other than to keep us up; anyone that thinks that is going to be a walk in the park is deluded.

Jos was handed a squad with 12 long-term injured players - bad enough for any squad but compounded by the fact that these were first team regulars. Of those players available many were held together with sticking plaster and knackered due to being played constantly or with minor injuries, or not match sharp due to not being played at all. All of our squad were coached by Carlos in a negative “keep ball” style where the ball was constantly passed to and fro across the back line and confidence was on the floor after winning just one league game in 11 attempts. 

Some people are now dismissing Jos as a bad manager even though he has the record to prove otherwise. 

Let’s be realistic and give Jos a chance. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Against Derby and more so against Villa... I thought our best attacking play of the season has come in the last fortnight of this dreay season.

The players he's having to call upon might not be our best and might not be able to get us over the line.

But he's shown me enough with the odds and sods he's had to work with that there is some potential when he gets to work with our best players.

I also think he should be judged when he's had a chance to start shipping out and shipping in players and building the squad he wants , like his predecessor did for two and a have years 

I'm sorry but have we accepted that we are now a bottom half of the league team? 

We won't go any higher with Jos. I'm not saying "JOS OUT" because I'll back anyone who takes the helm at Hillsborough.

We are NO better off than we were under Carlos. Anyone that can honestly prove me wrong there is a better man than I. 

We had good performances under Carlos this season then several bad/slow games.

Jos seems much the same to me....

UTO

6 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Let’s be fair, we can’t ask anything of him other than to keep us up; anyone that thinks that is going to be a walk in the park is deluded.

Jos was handed a squad with 12 long-term injured players - bad enough for any squad but compounded by the fact that these were first team regulars. Of those players available many were held together with sticking plaster and knackered due to being played constantly or with minor injuries, or not match sharp due to not being played at all. All of our squad were coached by Carlos in a negative “keep ball” style where the ball was constantly passed to and fro across the back line and confidence was on the floor after winning just one league game in 11 attempts. 

Some people are now dismissing Jos as a bad manager even though he has the record to prove otherwise. 

Let’s be realistic and give Jos a chance. 

I agree with what your saying but how long exactly can we give him? he's setting up away from home far to defensively for me and the results are proving that.At home we've beat Derby and had a good go against Cardiff and Villa.

We should set up every game to try and win but it seems JS philosophy is to be cautious away from home and try sneak a point ......it's not working Jos!

6 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Against Derby and more so against Villa... I thought our best attacking play of the season has come in the last fortnight of this dreay season.

The players he's having to call upon might not be our best and might not be able to get us over the line.

But he's shown me enough with the odds and sods he's had to work with that there is some potential when he gets to work with our best players.

I also think he should be judged when he's had a chance to start shipping out and shipping in players and building the squad he wants , like his predecessor did for two and a have years 

Agree with this, v Derby and Villa we looked like a proper team despite the injury list and this gives me hope.  Cannot blame Jos for the inability to pass last night, or to keep possession.  I am actually looking forward to the next two home games.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

6 minutes ago, Watto said:

I agree with what your saying but how long exactly can we give him? he's setting up away from home far to defensively for me and the results are proving that.At home we've beat Derby and had a good go against Cardiff and Villa.

We should set up every game to try and win but it seems JS philosophy is to be cautious away from home and try sneak a point ......it's not working Jos!

How about giving him till he can pick from about 90% of his squad for a start

Anyone who STILL puts Butterfield in the squad, nevermind the starting eleven is off as far as I'm concerned. 

Apart from his shot last night he did nothing right. He can't pass five yards, he's slow and can't tackle. 

How that lad is a professional of Championship standard I'll never know.

2 minutes ago, NornOwl said:

I'm sorry but have we accepted that we are now a bottom half of the league team? 

We won't go any higher with Jos. I'm not saying "JOS OUT" because I'll back anyone who takes the helm at Hillsborough.

We are NO better off than we were under Carlos. Anyone that can honestly prove me wrong there is a better man than I. 

We had good performances under Carlos this season then several bad/slow games.

Jos seems much the same to me....

UTO

Three things: 

- We are a top-half team with a fully fit squad but we don’t have at least 12 players that would be competing for the first team spot

- the damage was already done when Jos came

- Carlos left by mutual consent which means he had a part in the decision

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Watto said:

Wasn't really working before he came either.

When we played that tactic at home as well as away. With many more and  much better players to select from

10 minutes ago, Watto said:

So are you advocating that we sack Jos and, if so, who do we recruit that will do a better job? 

We we were fvcckked before Jos joined us. 

4 minutes ago, billyblack said:

How about giving him till he can pick from about 90% of his squad for a start

We could be in the bottom 3 by then?

Read my post again about setting up away from home with the squad he has at his disposal 

3 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Three things: 

- We are a top-half team with a fully fit squad but we don’t have at least 12 players that would be competing for the first team spot

- the damage was already done when Jos came

- Carlos left by mutual consent which means he had a part in the decision

We haven't been a top half team all season. The gloss is wearing off the aged squad of Premier league has beens.

We have underperformed all year, since January last season and sadly our fans chose to blame one man, Carlos. He'd had enough because of the way people were talking about him. He'd done more for the club than anyone in the last 15 years. A play off run in the Championship.

We needed to get behind him and support them into next season, he deserved that.

9 minutes ago, NornOwl said:

Anyone who STILL puts Butterfield in the squad, nevermind the starting eleven is off as far as I'm concerned. 

Apart from his shot last night he did nothing right. He can't pass five yards, he's slow and can't tackle. 

How that lad is a professional of Championship standard I'll never know.

Butterfield was purely making up the numbers. Pelupessy needed resting and Clare wasn’t available. 

2 minutes ago, shandypants said:

So are you advocating that we sack Jos and, if so, who do we recruit that will do a better job? 

We we were fvcckked before Jos joined us. 

No I'm not.

I'm saying how long do we give the guy and if indeed we do get relegated will it still all be CC to blame or will JL take some of the blame  aswell ?