Player wages

Just a question, was arguing in pub with my bro, When people say a player gets XXXX thousand pounds a week, how many weeks in a year is that, we working men get paid for the whole year ie 52 weeks, but do footballers? or do they not get payed in close season for instance.

is their year only say 30 weeks long or maybe less,  Anyone know the answer to this?

Guest Bulgaria
10 minutes ago, Rogers said:

I think they get paid 50% wage in close season and do paper rounds to make ends meet 

I can confirm this as my paper is always due in 2 weeks.

6 minutes ago, solo said:

Conspiracy normally player wages are covered by insurance when out injured . 

Does that that mean the club are saving money by having so many players out ?

No, Man U quoted that they paid out £34M in injured players wages during 2015.

Also. The figure usually quoted is before deductions. Tax. Nat ins etc. Unless they put in their contract that they want xxx amount after tax etc. 

Iirc sanchez wage figure that was quoted was after deductions. 

16 minutes ago, attyjake said:

I think from the replies the answer is nobody knows......only a professional footballer himself can answer this question... and even then he himself would probably be too thick to understand it

lol

Don't forget a part of their wages are appearance and bonus payments.

Which obviously they don't get if not playing.

A new contract starts July 1st, so basic wage may and June then possible increase from July 1st. Question for a man doing a normal job? How many weeks holiday do you get? Are you paid when on holiday? Unless self employed usually about 4, footballers get 6-8 weeks rest. When I played if you got released at the end of your contract and didn't find a new club and sign a contract your old club had to pay you until August, don't know if that still happens?

26 minutes ago, attyjake said:

It's all too complicated innit

Not really, they get paid a basic salary 52 weeks of the year, plus certain bonuses, doubt they'll all be on an appearance related bonus, I suspect only players like Hutch will be on them, together with a lower salary.

Edited by Weshallovercome