Player wages

Player wages are 52 weeks a year - or more accurately 12 months per year - why wouldn't they be??

Bonuses are generally a collective for things like wins and points - but further individual bonuses may be negotiated but i know many clubs aren't fans of this type arrangement

Scholars and development players may be on a percentage of the bonus scheme rather than full bonus - clubs may differ on this

Injured players are paid by the clubs - not insurance

Top level clubs tend to operate 6-7 days a week during the season - including Christmas. Players often will not be allowed the full summer off as they may have to report for a weeks maintenance fitness work if the break goes beyond 4 weeks

International players may get as little as 2 weeks if they are playing in tournaments over the summer - a tournament camp can easily last 4-6 weeks

Generally the higher profile the club then the more they will place demands on their players - but then they pay the most and offer the best routes to success - which is what really matters to many players

I recon when it comes to wages they’ll sign a contract worth xxx amount a year which then works out to xxx their weekly wage if get me. I don’t think they set out for a weekly wage it’ll all be annually but divided by the 52.

thats why we sometimes hear players in prem earning so much a year roughly X a week 

25 minutes ago, scram said:

Player wages are 52 weeks a year - or more accurately 12 months per year - why wouldn't they be??

Bonuses are generally a collective for things like wins and points - but further individual bonuses may be negotiated but i know many clubs aren't fans of this type arrangement

Scholars and development players may be on a percentage of the bonus scheme rather than full bonus - clubs may differ on this

Injured players are paid by the clubs - not insurance

Top level clubs tend to operate 6-7 days a week during the season - including Christmas. Players often will not be allowed the full summer off as they may have to report for a weeks maintenance fitness work if the break goes beyond 4 weeks

International players may get as little as 2 weeks if they are playing in tournaments over the summer - a tournament camp can easily last 4-6 weeks

Generally the higher profile the club then the more they will place demands on their players - but then they pay the most and offer the best routes to success - which is what really matters to many players

Thanks for clearing that up . 

Re:insurance am I barking up  the wrong tree completely? Or is there some sort of system in place for this I seem to have this thought regarding player insurance etc?