Forget about the Premier League.

When the clown decided on those dreadful tactics in the playoffs our premier league dream had gone .I was so angry I knew there and then we wouldnt be seeing the playoffs for maybe years .there is now 1 problem at our club and we know who it is. Anyone running a business like he has would be sacked its unreal what he has done talking such bad advise off Carlos and doyen and that mystery man he is Seen with .

I've never really jumped on the premier bandwagon like most. Even at Wembley it seemed a bit unreal but I just don't think we've been quite good enough and to be honest never bought the premier league in our 150th year objective. You're right we need a rebuild and your right it will take contracts running down before we can really do it properly.

I know last night’s team selection was controversial but I don’t really think Pep Guardiola could’ve done much more with the circumstances Jos has inherited.

This season now is all about staying up and we’re still on course to do this. Providing we do if indeed Jos is here for the long term then he has two choices next season for me.

1) He goes with the squad he’s got and hopefully key players will be available to play at least 2/3rds of the season.

or

2) It’s time to rip it all up and start again which may take a while and indeed some patience which is when all said and done we don’t have.

Personally I think we’ll go option 1 as I suspect this will be Chansiri’s preference?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

Forgot about promotion as soon as Carlos signed a new contract start of this season 

No chairman with serious knowledge of football would have kept him on 

After two massive failures of playoff campaigns we should have freshened up the playing squad and the backroom staff.

There are plenty that havent done to bad. I can't think of one thats made it though. Its a pipe dream and doesn't work. 

Brentford turn a poo into a rose, never took them up though has it. It also, never will. 

Drives me daft. To get promoted you need good players and good players cost top money. Even then, as we have proved it can back fire. 

• Like 1

Guest LittleG

I forgot about the Premier league many, many years ago. I am now at an age (just retired) where I have accepted that I will not see my team back in the premiership in my lifetime. The whole set up at Hillsborough is miles away from what's required to achieve promotion. I just want to see us compete in this division and hopefully see a little entertainment at the same time. 

Last night was the first time Jos got it wrong so I think we need to cut him some slack. There is no way he signed a deal until the end of the season so the only way he'll go is if he's sacked or doesn't fancy it. Let's see how we go against Swansea and what sort of lineups/tactics we see once a couple more of our more senior players are back.

I completely agree on moving players on though. The only player whose contract expires in the summer that I'd potentially renew is Pudil if 3 at the back is a long term plan. If we could cash in on players like Hooper and Westwood, maybe even Rhodes, that would be a bonus.

8 minutes ago, LittleG said:

I forgot about the Premier league many, many years ago. I am now at an age (just retired) where I have accepted that I will not see my team back in the premiership in my lifetime. The whole set up at Hillsborough is miles away from what's required to achieve promotion. I just want to see us compete in this division and hopefully see a little entertainment at the same time. 

I'm 31, and I've accepted that I will not see my team back in the Premier League lol

• Haha 3

Hooper on less wages than Rhodes and is still our top scorer still despite injuries (and in my opinion our best player)

Rather keep Hooper with Jos clearly trying to fix the fitness side of things, for which i would hope less risk of injury for the likes of Hooper. 

Rhodes attracted interest in January and almost went, so personally, try shift Rhodes and keep Hooper

31 minutes ago, RichieB said:

I'm 31, and I've accepted that I will not see my team back in the Premier League lol

My grandsons 18 month ,can't even say premier league and he's accepted Wednesday won't get there in his lifetime

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ramone said:

Good job you're not marketing the Early Bird Season Tickets lol

No need for marketing - they will surely sell themselves based on last night's exciting approach!

Really hope we can have a big clear out at the end of the season. Get rid of some of the deadwood, players that are either well past their best or simply not good enough or injured all the time. Wouldnt be against letting all the out of contract players leave. Keep the young uns, hope some of the injured first team players are fully fit for next season and then bring in some real quality, we need quality over quantity.