Keiran Westwood injury update - 6 weeks away from training

1 minute ago, sweetsheri said:

Disagree. Jos would have stuck with him. Why destroy a lads confidence after 1 bad game

Especially after being voted player of the month.

Wildsmith has had a chance due to Westwoods injury. He's taken it and he's number 1 now for me. Firmly

Fair do's, we all entitled to opinions.

Whilst I agree that Wildsmith has done excellently well, Westy gets the shirt back. Form is temporary and all that...

What I found bizarre was the fact Wildsmith was put on Press Duty before the Brum game. Maybe he had to be what with being name POTM but for me, it made him think he was invincible. Young lad, playing for his home team, playing well, receiving personal accolades etc. why put him in the spotlight even more. It heaped pressure on him needlessly if you ask me. Lets not forget he was partly at fault for the first. Proper communication with the defence and that cross isn't anywhere close to being dangerous. Again, just opinion of course. 

Again, let me reiterate, I think Wildsmith has been superb. But every dog has his day and his day will come... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ramone said:

Fair do's, we all entitled to opinions.

Whilst I agree that Wildsmith has done excellently well, Westy gets the shirt back. Form is temporary and all that...

What I found bizarre was the fact Wildsmith was put on Press Duty before the Brum game. Maybe he had to be what with being name POTM but for me, it made him think he was invincible. Young lad, playing for his home team, playing well, receiving personal accolades etc. why put him in the spotlight even more. It heaped pressure on him needlessly if you ask me. Lets not forget he was partly at fault for the first. Proper communication with the defence and that cross isn't anywhere close to being dangerous. Again, just opinion of course. 

Again, let me reiterate, I think Wildsmith has been superb. But every dog has his day and his day will come... 

Fair enough

Another point is Wildsmith doesn't take an age to take goal kicks when it's 0-0 or 0-1 which does my nut

in with Westwood

Just now, sweetsheri said:

Fair enough

Another point is Wildsmith doesn't take an age to take goal kicks when it's 0-0 or 0-1 which does my nut

in with Westwood

Very true lolIts one the things that really winds me off the clock with Westwood. Losing 1-0 and he takes 5 minutes to take a Goal Kick

The result of the kick is the same though as neither of them can distribute the ball very well at all. 

Another one, who has had to wait weeks \ months with an ongoing injury and then finally has it operated on. Lee, Lees, Fletcher, Forestieri, Abdi probably others.

I get that ideally surgery should be a last resort but these players are expensive assets and should be fixed up asap. Weeks of waiting for a natural solution isn't working and is costing us.

53 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Disagree. Jos would have stuck with him. Why destroy a lads confidence after 1 bad game

Especially after being voted player of the month.

Wildsmith has had a chance due to Westwoods injury. He's taken it and he's number 1 now for me. Firmly

This. I can only see one player at present who  should walk back into this team and that's Bannan. He is the one stand out player we have missed whilst being injured. The midfield as been a shambles in his absence. The goalie department is doing just fine without Westwood.

This is the thing that i think is infuriating the fans he has been out several months already and now he has had an operation why has it taken 2-3 months before this happened had he had had the op in November/December he would have been back now.

How many time this season have players been out and it is 2 or 3 months after they have an OP Fessi, Hutch, lees, Lee, Westwood, Abdi the list goes on.

This summer we need to start again with everything medial and fitness with the team - clear the decks of everyone - get in qualified staff who know what they are doing and hopefully going forward we won't have the apathy we have now - Poor Jos must be pulling out what little hair he has at these people.

1 minute ago, CLswfc said:

This. I can only see one player at present who  should walk back into this team and that's Bannan. He is the one stand out player we have missed whilst being injured. The midfield as been a shambles in his absence. The goalie department is doing just fine without Westwood.

I'd have FF/Lee/Hooper/Bannan straight back in

• Like 1

Of all our injured players, Westy is the last one I'd choose to recover quickest. He's a quality keeper, but we're not really missing him at the moment and would much rather our outfield players return to the team sooner rather than later...

Guest We Shall Overcome

I would not be surprised if he moves on in the near future, i don't think his ego like some others i could mention, will be prepared to play second fiddle to the "New Kids On The Block".

1 hour ago, Guesswhosback said:

Wont play for us again 

2M for him in summer probably from Leeds

Would strengthen leeds next season and IMO weaken us over 46 games. Only referring to next season. Wouldn't be ideal if you want promotion at the end of next year. 

Wildsmith long term number one obviously though.

I bet Westy is absolutely gutted, worst timing he could have imagined to have picked up any injury never mind a long term one,  Joe Wildsmith is a serious talent and with more games under his belt from now until the end of the season he could really make that No 1 shirt his own 

Westwood will be more than aware how good Wildsmith is, not without forgetting Cam Dawson either 

that might be Westwood done at S6

Westwood was not playing particularly well before he got injured. For me its now Wildsmiths shirt to lose. I can see Westwood coming back, being unable to get in the team and leaving in the summer. This area is the least of our worries as we probably have the three best keepers in the league on our books.