Keiran Westwood injury update - 6 weeks away from training

2 minutes ago, owler66 said:

I would say to him the seasons over look to be fit for the start of August 

You just want to let him have the last 7 games of the season off to go on a jolly and pick up his wage without doing his job?

I want you as a boss..

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cookeh said:

You just want to let him have the last 7 games of the season off to go on a jolly and pick up his wage without doing his job?

I want you as a boss..

If it increases his chances of coming back next season as the quality GK we all know he is, and in a much fitter state and a reduced chance of injury, then damn right. Plus, he'd be working on strength and fitness - hardly a jolly!

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

7 minutes ago, cookeh said:

I want you as a boss..

He's a footballer it's not like a normal job 

9 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

If it increases his chances of coming back next season as the quality GK we all know he is, and in a much fitter state and a reduced chance of injury, then damn right. Plus, he'd be working on strength and fitness - hardly a jolly!

Hardly a taxing job though is it in the gym working a few hours a day at most !

10 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

If the medical staff say he's fit and he says he's fit.. then let him near a pitch.

I'd be gutted if i was told i wasn't needed and should just stay home and train.. I'd be looking for the door, to go to a club that wants me to be their number one.

1 minute ago, Watto said:

Think that's what's been wrong at the club for a while. Gym work and Keeping fit are hardly, or shouldn't be, a rest from your labours.

This is where, in the old days, the second  (Central league) team idea at a club was so beneficial. 

I wonder if we got a block booking discount on the operating theatre.

Westwood is not the only player to have surgery. A few others have now done so too

Are these players we already know about or are they ones not previously disclosed? The wording suggests it is recent operations but that could just be down to language difficulties.

I'm not too fussed about Westwood coming back, we've got good cover and I think we are going to stay up.

2 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Genuinely not fussed. We have 2 excellent keepers in Wildsmith and Dawson.

For me Westwood is No2 now

Wildsmith has done fantastically well in Westwoods absence. But, being realistic, if Westy had been fit and ready he probably would have come back into the team after Joe dropped one v Boro at home. He deffo would have been back in the sticks following on from the Brum game. 

Joe's a fantastic prospect and has a long future ahead of him with us. His time will come. For now though, Westwood is still my number 1. 

1 hour ago, Watto said:

It's hardly a jolly either!

1 hour ago, cookeh said:

If the medical staff say he's fit and he says he's fit.. then let him near a pitch.

I'd be gutted if i was told i wasn't needed and should just stay home and train.. I'd be looking for the door, to go to a club that wants me to be their number one.

Our medical staff? They've not done the greatest of jobs phasing our players back in recent times, have they?

I'm sure Westwood will realise that by affording him time to recover and make sure he's in better condition next year is a vote of confidence that he's our no.1...

9 minutes ago, ramone said:

Wildsmith has done fantastically well in Westwoods absence. But, being realistic, if Westy had been fit and ready he probably would have come back into the team after Joe dropped one v Boro at home. He deffo would have been back in the sticks following on from the Brum game. 

Joe's a fantastic prospect and has a long future ahead of him with us. His time will come. For now though, Westwood is still my number 1. 

Disagree. Jos would have stuck with him. Why destroy a lads confidence after 1 bad game

Especially after being voted player of the month.

Wildsmith has had a chance due to Westwoods injury. He's taken it and he's number 1 now for me. Firmly