Sam Winnall

2 minutes ago, owls79 said:

I know we have taken the wee wee out of our medical staff but I have never known a situation when a player is out for season not to return to his parent club.

usually loan players are there to fill a gap.

Derby are making it very clear that they want a permanent deal in the summer and wanting to make sure Winnall doesn't come back toe HiIllsborough, get to like Jos and reconnect with some of the players and then decide to stay with us. Sensible by Derby given they want a future deal..

Just now, cookeh said:

usually loan players are there to fill a gap.

Derby are making it very clear that they want a permanent deal in the summer and wanting to make sure Winnall doesn't come back toe HiIllsborough, get to like Jos and reconnect with some of the players and then decide to stay with us. Sensible by Derby given they want a future deal..

Derby won't want him if they get promoted.

Just now, NoctOwl said:

Hostage situation? Get Tom Hanks in- Bridge of Spies style.

Anyway can't we pretend Butterfield is injured as well and swap back?

The loan's aren't connected as far as we know.

We loaned them Winnall, he, them and us need to agree for him to come back.

They loaned us Butterfeild, same applies.

Neither depends on the other.

Just now, cookeh said:

Would rather have an injured Winnall than a fully functioning Butterfield lol

• Haha 2

I also think it's strange but if they want to pay for and use their medical resources to aid his recovery then let them. I imagine they might want to sign him on a permanent if they don't go up. Can't imagine them wanting him if they do go up. With current prices I can't see why we couldn't get £5m for him.

5 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Aww, damn. Ah well, I'll just keep pretending... A film would give our medical team the chance of an Oscar (best hair+makeup??) players do seem well-groomed when they eventually get on the pitch. 

Atdhe+Nuhiu+aP8hyfgjHRFm.jpg

Edited by NoctOwl

27 minutes ago, Mickjj said:

Derby won't want him if they get promoted.

I beg to differ. He's been used as an impact sub this season and is almost a goal every 90 mins. Every chance they will see him as filling a similar role in the PL. At his age he's not reached his prime as a striker yet. 

The good news for us is that he's under contract until 2020. That means that if anybody wants him they have to pay a 'decent amount' of money.

His goal scoring record in league 1 and the Championship speaks for itself and personally i would want us to take the money and run. Judging form his social media comments and also from what i have heard he is really pushing for a move away from us which I really couldn't care less about. Let's take the money and move on.

25 minutes ago, HighworthOwl said:

Is he out for the rest of the season? Surely if the loan agreement is longer than the injury it would be down to Derby to send him "home". 

If i was him i would want to be as far away from our medical team as possible.  

6 to 9 months I heard.  He said on his own twitter he would be out for the rest of this season and beyond. Gary Rowett wants him to stick around. Would be surprised if they buy him though with a bust acl. Connor Wickham has been out for nearly a year with his. Surely Derby's board won't put up money for an injured player. It's a bit of a risk and I doubt Wednesday will sell him for peanuts. 

2 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Judging form his social media comments and also from what i have heard he is really pushing for a move away from us

Are they recent comments or from CC's time. He might see that returning he'll get a clean slate and a chance to play.