Sam Winnall

Just now, OxonOwl said:

Are they recent comments or from CC's time. He might see that returning he'll get a clean slate and a chance to play.

As recent as last week. It's clear he sees his future away from ourselves. Put it this way, he's not the most popular member of our squad.

42 minutes ago, cookeh said:

usually loan players are there to fill a gap.

Derby are making it very clear that they want a permanent deal in the summer and wanting to make sure Winnall doesn't come back toe HiIllsborough, get to like Jos and reconnect with some of the players and then decide to stay with us. Sensible by Derby given they want a future deal..

They'll soon change their mind if they get promoted.

2 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

As recent as last week. It's clear he sees his future away from ourselves. Put it this way, he's not the most popular member of our squad.

And yet one of the reasons Derby are keeping him while he recovers is because of his positive influence in the dressing room. Go figure....

3 minutes ago, Almat said:

And yet one of the reasons Derby are keeping him while he recovers is because of his positive influence in the dressing room. Go figure....

Obviously finding it much easier to bond with the Derby dressing room than ours so fair play to him. Think it also helps that Rowett worked with him at Burton, so maybe has more faith in him that we/CC did.

Unfortunately his injury maybe scupper a move in the summer which is a shame as we could have made a really good profit.

Edited by Guest

34 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

They will have a good view of the injury come the summer and if the prognosis is not too bad I would expect them to try and buy him on the cheap because of it.

That would be a kick in the nuts for us seeing as he was injured playing for them.And he carried on playing even though he knew he'd injured himself.When he first went i didn't think it was a good move by us but he's nailed his colours to the mast in my opinion and it's not back at Hillsborough.I believe he's from the Midlands and he seems settled so i think we ought to seek the maximum profit from his sale .

Seen the interview. He mainly talks about his injury. Didn't realise it's the second time he's had that injury. Doesn't mention Wednesday but does say he will be cheering Derby on till the end of the season and beyond because he's loved his time there. Says he doesn't know what will happen at the end of the season but will always remain a Rams fan because of the way they've treated him.

From Wednesday's point of view,  why would we sell him on the cheap unless we were desperate to get rid? They might want to hang onto him and see how he does under Jos or loan him out again. This, of course,  when he fully recovers. He said last time he did this he was out for 7 and a half months. That would take us to nearly October. So unless Derby want to part with a few million for an injured player I can't see us selling. I say a few million because apparently his fee with add ons was nearer 2 million than half a million. Chansiri will at least want that back. 

Personally I would like to see him stay but I'm not as bothered as I was. The point is I think Sam possibly wants to go. Everything he says seems to suggest this. He may put a transfer request in but needs to be careful. He might end up getting frozen out altogether if he does that. He still lives in Leeds and has kept in touch with Jack Hunt and Adam Reach so he hasn't completely cut all of his Wednesday ties.

2 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

I think Winnall is very naive. No guarantee derby will sign him. What if he has a relapse in his current injury ? What if rowett gets sack and the new manager doesn't want him ? I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket if I was him.

Was quick to say he was moving to a better club when he left the dingles. Legend lol

IMO Sam winnall left with the intention of not returning. Staying at derby injured also makes me think the perm deal is already done in principal at least. I also don’t care that much cos rated him lower than our other strikers apart from big Dave... not saying he wouldn’t have come in handy lately if there was a recall mind lol

5 hours ago, owls79 said:

I know we have taken the wee wee out of our medical staff but I have never known a situation when a player is out for season not to return to his parent club.

Would you want to go anywhere near our medical team ? lol

5 hours ago, cookeh said:

usually loan players are there to fill a gap.

Derby are making it very clear that they want a permanent deal in the summer and wanting to make sure Winnall doesn't come back toe HiIllsborough, get to like Jos and reconnect with some of the players and then decide to stay with us. Sensible by Derby given they want a future deal..

Has he injured that as well ?