Carlos "I am very happy to go back to my HOME"

Just now, dr. benway said:

Wonder how many people who are complaining that he walked away and left us in trouble are the same ones that were screaming for him to go... 

There's quite a high correlation.

Oh the irony.

Welcome back Carlos, best 2 years watching Wednesday in 20 years. Went sour at the end but does for everyone. Gave us 2 great, great seasons and ones that I will never ever forget, apart from one lucky Huddersfield goal at Hillsborough would have been Wembley 2 years in a row. I wanted him to go after Norwich defeat but that doesn't erase 2 brilliant seasons. I will be in the North Stand so a bit hard to clap Carlos and it make any sense, but hope fans in the lower south stand give him a round of applause before and after the game, I'm not expecting Carlos portraits being paraded in the Kop and the fans to sing his name, just some respect would be nice as for 2 years it was brilliant, Arsenal, Brighton and Newcastle were incredible and I feel we will get nowhere near that for some years to come. So thanks Carlos, I think that is worth a clap.

4 hours ago, g-owls said:

The one thing Carvalhal is good at is playing the media.

He knows exactly what to say, when to say it, and in what tone.

He came to us and was a breathe of fresh air - positive, friendly and quickly he won the media boys round. Sky loved him, RS loved him and the fans loved him.

He's doing exactly the same with Swansea. Lineker and all the rest are lapping it up right now. It's when things start to go wrong that I think we start to see the real side of Carlos Carvalhal, don't forget during his earlier days with us he wouldn't comment on referees. All that changed over time, he became very defensive, almost to point of paranoid and some of his actions were bizarre to say the least.

He's doing superbly with Swansea at the moment and credit to him but ultimately he's just another average manager in a cut-throat industry who will end up with the same supporters who are lauding him now, calling for his head down the line.

We ought to forget about him. He's been, tried, failed and gone. Whatever situation he's left behind is what it is. Deal with that before stroking an ex-manager's ego.

This pretty much sums it up for me. 

Edited by Almat

9 hours ago, well endowed owl said:

Best manager, sorry wasted so much money and like a rat left the sinking ship, I would love the lads to wipe the smug look off his face. On the day we need that bit of luck we are due

There is  no sinking ship and he is still the best manager we have had in decades

Just now, Ronnie Starling said:

Its heading south currently if you hadnt noticed.

We are in the best shape have been for years financially sound no worries about debts ,sinking shops are the ones that are about to go under WE are Not

14 minutes ago, akbuk said:

We are in the best shape have been for years financially sound no worries about debts ,sinking shops are the ones that are about to go under WE are Not

If we are so good financially then why the need for sky high ticket prices, corporate boxes and club merchandise? Maybe we might be able to use some of these financial riches to buy some decent players that can actually turn out for the first team.

Edited by Ronnie Starling

5 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

If we are so good financially then why the need for sky high ticket prices, corporate boxes and club merchandise? Maybe we might be able to use some of these financial riches to buy some decent players that can actually turn out for the first team.

Get real increasing revenue is key to the owner being able to put more money in under the FFP regulations,weve got plenty of good players who where hero's a few months ago, injured now but will improve the team when they are fit.

We absolutely Not a sinking ship or anything like one

Guest Bulgaria
43 minutes ago, akbuk said:

There is  no sinking ship and he is still the best manager we have had in decades

No he is not.

Ron Atkinson got us promoted and won the cup.

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Am seriously starting to think Carlos is the next Neil Warnock

He knows what he's saying

I reckon he's doing it to wind up the fans who have him sussed

Nahh, Warnock is master class.  Honed from years of plying trade in bowel leagues.

CC really believes the absolute poo he peddles.

Cup half full or half empty. I’m half full, think he did great things for us shame it went wrong this season. 

I for for one will always wish him well and will applaud him after the game. 

As as for the mess he left us in if anyone truly believes it’s all on him they are either naive or blinkered. You win as a team you lose as a team. Chairman through to boot boys. 

1 hour ago, akbuk said:

Get real increasing revenue is key to the owner being able to put more money in under the FFP regulations,weve got plenty of good players who where hero's a few months ago, injured now but will improve the team when they are fit.

We absolutely Not a sinking ship or anything like one

If the revenue is increasing how is the product is decreasing? Other teams seem to manage better on less revenue. How is that?