Carlos "I am very happy to go back to my HOME"

4 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Bloke deserves a welcome back. He's a good bloke that just failed in the end here at S6

he certainly DOES NOT deserve any abuse.

I wanted rid of him, because he just wasn't doing the job. Now we see, that there's more to the club and what's happened

than meets the eye.

He deserves applause... and no f...ucker slagging him off.

I think he will be slagged off in my opinion, i personally think the club is in a right mess and it could take a few years to get back to where we were. 

1 hour ago, ramone said:

Does that mean he deserves to get a barrage of abuse? Not on your Nelly. Surprising to hear that people cant see it when I'm talking about a fanbase that clapped CHRIS O'GRADY on his return to Hillsborough. Baffling... 

And who gave Giles Coke a round of applause. The animosity on here for CC is hilarious. 

It's like some surreal conspiracy theory, you either believe CC is part of the problem and is laughing his socks off. Or that he did what 90% of managers do and that is run out of ideas and part company. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Manila_Owl said:

And who gave Giles Coke a round of applause. The animosity on here for CC is hilarious. 

It's like some surreal conspiracy theory, you either believe CC is part of the problem and is laughing his socks off. Or that he did what 90% of managers do and that is run out of ideas and part company. 

Absolutely. Its really confusing and i'm struggling to comprehend it all...

2 minutes ago, Manila_Owl said:

Did we really give Giles Coke a round of applause? I honestly cant remember it if we did.

7 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

Don't bear any grudge against Carlos whatsoever and I hope the Swans do well under him (excepting our cup game).

Was great for a couple of seasons and got us to within a goal of the premiership. Should be welcomed back to S6 as an opposing manager.

Absolutely. One of the best managers in past 20 yrs, cant see us repeating this anytime soon.

Guest RocketOwl

When people defend Rhodes on here due to his goal scoring record of the past, they cut him slack:

Carlos as he said took us to a playoff final and then our 3rd best points tally in the history of the club.

Dont understand why one gets god like status and patience and the other is shown no respect at all.

I agree it was time for Carlos to go. However, no one can question he was a good manager for this club for the majority of his tenure: 

19 minutes ago, well endowed owl said:

I think he will be slagged off in my opinion, i personally think the club is in a right mess and it could take a few years to get back to where we were. 

Me too, I'd just like to think we were better than that... it's done, we have burnt so much energy over this bloke, that to be honest, just ignoring him would be the best thing we could do.

4 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Me too, I'd just like to think we were better than that... it's done, we have burnt so much energy over this bloke, that to be honest, just ignoring him would be the best thing we could do.

Unfortunately this is what happens in football, i said to my wife before the draw we'll get Swansea. Everybody says he was a nice guy, maybe he was, but it's him leaving and leaving us in the crap that will breed the contempt fans have for this guy now, me included in this, so much wasted money and wasted opportunities

If football management doesn't work out, Carlos should consider a career in media relations with the way he has them eating out of the palm of his hand at the moment. Takes me back to his first season with us when Sky lapped up his analogies and Ian Holloway replaced his family photos with pictures of Carlos.

He's left us in the brown stuff while walking into a cushy job at Swansea and refuses to accept any responsibility for our current position. If he held his hands up and said he got it wrong I'd have much more respect for the bloke. Instead he preaches about two failed play-off campaigns and how he 'nearly' delivered on his promise to get Sheffield Wednesday promoted to the Premiership, ignoring the amount of resources he had at his disposal to achieve his dream.

His time here is soured by the way he left and his refusal to acknowledge any responsibility for the current sh!t storm we find ourselves in. 

Obrigado Carlos, but I'm afraid I wont be joining in with your welcome home parade.

Won't boo or cheer him.

Appreciated his efforts for the first two seasons...less said about the last six months the better.

Don't particular care for the fact that he was allowed to line up another job and leave of his own volition (though that's as much on Chansiri as him).

Not quite sure why he's viewed as the devil incarnate, but then I remember I'm reading Owlstalk.

Just now, FreshOwl said:

As usual people are reading too much into the Carlos return 

he enjoyed his time here, he’s human like the rest of us. Why can’t we move on and accept this is just another game without having some agenda or point to prove? 

I think what is annoying people is that we'll be playing Swansea and welcoming back Carlos for an FA Cup match that we would love to win for confidence, to keep the season alive, and to give the club much needed finances only to find that the team we put out is essentially players who are patched up, promoted from our b-team, or kids BECAUSE of Carlos.

Owlstalk Shop