Carlos "I am very happy to go back to my HOME"

Carlos Carvalhal Sheffield Wednesday.jpg

Former Sheffield Wednesday manager Carlos Carvalhal says he's delighted to head back to the place he calls home.

"I'm very happy," he told BBC Sport. "I am very happy to go back to my home"

"I consider it my home the last two season and a half. I feel at home forever. I was there. I hope in the future I will feel a Jack also ... a Swan but I feel I am an Owl and I feel an Owl since I left the club and I will be in the future the same."

The 52 year-old says he 'does not have anything to prove' when making the return to S6 and is looking forward to seeing chairman Dejphon Chansiri. "I was very happy there, my second season was the best rating of points in the last 50 years, and we also had the third best record of points in the club's history," he said.

"We achieved two play-offs, one final and one semi-final - something very strong in my opinion. "I do not have anything to prove, in fact the exact opposite. I have a fantastic relationship with the chairman (Dejphon Chansiri) and I will give him a big hug.

"Some people were not happy but when they put emotion aside they know we gave everything to the club." Carvalhal revealed that despite his priorities lying in a fight to remain in the Premier League, he still looks to see the Sheffield Wednesday result.

"I always look for the score and see how things is going," he added.

"I am happy to be going back home. I can't say it will be a normal game. It will be a special game for me because I was there not a long time ago but at the same time it is the cup and we will try to do our best again.

"We will not change anything. We will protect the players that might be a risk in the Premier League because our main competition is the Premier League. But we will try to put out a good team against a very good side to play at Hillsborough which will be very difficult."

Owlstalk Shop

Could he actually be genuine ? You know just saying what he feels ? If he had also said my football was boring the last 18 months and I made big mistakes with recruitment and when playing Hudds in play offs , well I could live with that , he’s not a bad bloke in my eyes all the same .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Could he actually be genuine ? You know just saying what he feels ? If he had also said my football was boring the last 18 months and I made big mistakes with recruitment and when playing Hudds in play offs , well I could live with that , he’s not a bad bloke in my eyes all the same .

If only. Truth hurts.

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Am seriously starting to think Carlos is the next Neil Warnock

He knows what he's saying

I reckon he's doing it to wind up the fans who have him sussed

I actually think he's being genuine. 

If you take away al the small bits like the football , recruitment, physio backroom chaos,  training slackness, etc

And just go on the final table then it looks ok on paper.

Shoudl be clapped after the game. Nothing before the game but after the game should be afforded a thank you to our fan base. 

A lovely bloke that took us to his heart and vice versa. Yeah it didn't end how we all wanted, it NEVER does though. Look at Ranieri... Won the Prem with all the charm and charisma and ended up getting the boot. Still doesn't mean he didn't do an excellent job... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ramone said:

Shoudl be clapped after the game. Nothing before the game but after the game should be afforded a thank you to our fan base. 

A lovely bloke that took us to his heart and vice versa. Yeah it didn't end how we all wanted, it NEVER does though. Look at Ranieri... Won the Prem with all the charm and charisma and ended up getting the boot. Still doesn't mean he didn't do an excellent job... 

A nice sentiment Ramone. But I fear when they come and release their pacey forwards on our creaking team...if they get a result the last thing he'll be afforded will be a clap.  

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

The 52 year-old says he 'does not have anything to prove' when making the return to S6 and is looking forward to seeing chairman Dejphon Chansiri. "I was very happy there, my second season was the best rating of points in the last 50 years, and we also had the third best record of points in the club's history," he said.

Not sure where he gets that bit from its not correct at all.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
15 minutes ago, ramone said:

Just allowed to stay too long. I consistently argued for him to go after the Huddersfield shockers and it was painful to see him and the side crumble this season. He's gone now however and I hold no malice. Look forward now.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

A nice sentiment Ramone. But I fear when they come and release their pacey forwards on our creaking team...if they get a result the last thing he'll be afforded will be a clap.  

Oh I'm not daft enough to think he will... We have a lot of 'new age fans' at our club at the moment that see between the lines of 'Did we get promoted, No. Did we get promotion, Yes' as a barometer of acceptable management. Carlos worked his socks his socks, took us all his heart (see pic below) but ultimately fell short when it mattered the most. 

Does that mean he deserves to get a barrage of abuse? Not on your Nelly. Surprising to hear that people cant see it when I'm talking about a fanbase that clapped CHRIS O'GRADY on his return to Hillsborough. Baffling... 

Image result for Carlos crying at wembley

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, akbuk said:

Best Manager we've had in decades always welcome back 

Best manager, sorry wasted so much money and like a rat left the sinking ship, I would love the lads to wipe the smug look off his face. On the day we need that bit of luck we are due

Edited by well endowed owl