Carlos "I am very happy to go back to my HOME"

17 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

To be fair you’ve just chastised people for wanting to give him grief for his past with us and that you should leave it all in the past...then said you are gonna clap him cos of his past with us.

My point is the negativity. You've got a right to your opinion in the stadium everyone has, but you know as well as I there will be morons hurling some reyt abuse his way which totally overshadows the whole reason we're all at the match (to support our team and ideally celebrate a result). I'll give him a polite welcome because that to me is the sensible thing to do, I won't be swinging from stand begging him to come back. It just feels like another negative talking point for people to jump on and rant about (like I'm doing now, do like a contradiction me...)

28 minutes ago, ramone said:

Why? 

Because its sycophantic bull crap

Everyone in football is in it for what they can get out of it.

They would sell their own grandmother to get ahead 

All the chest thumping badge point scarf waving family all together is utter garbage. MONEY end of 

Just now, dannyhowsonswfc said:

My point is the negativity. You've got a right to your opinion in the stadium everyone has, but you know as well as I there will be morons hurling some reyt abuse his way which totally overshadows the whole reason we're all at the match (to support our team and ideally celebrate a result). I'll give him a polite welcome because that to me is the sensible thing to do, I won't be swinging from stand begging him to come back. It just feels like another negative talking point for people to jump on and rant about (like I'm doing now, do like a contradiction me...)

Fair does mate, can’t say fairer than that.

Just now, mkowl said:

Because its sycophantic bull crap

Everyone in football is in it for what they can get out of it.

They would sell their own grandmother to get ahead 

All the chest thumping badge point scarf waving family all together is utter garbage. MONEY end of 

So just because its someones job it doesn't I cant like him... Cant see the logic in that pal. Sorry

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
55 minutes ago, ramone said:

Oh I'm not daft enough to think he will... We have a lot of 'new age fans' at our club at the moment that see between the lines of 'Did we get promoted, No. Did we get promotion, Yes' as a barometer of acceptable management. Carlos worked his socks his socks, took us all his heart (see pic below) but ultimately fell short when it mattered the most. 

Does that mean he deserves to get a barrage of abuse? Not on your Nelly. Surprising to hear that people cant see it when I'm talking about a fanbase that clapped CHRIS O'GRADY on his return to Hillsborough. Baffling... 

Image result for Carlos crying at wembley

No problem with COG getting a clap, better player than given credit for (like some others) and THAT goal which had a profound effect on that season.

I'm glad that Carlos has been replaced but would be dismayed if he received a barrage of abuse.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
5 minutes ago, ramone said:

Exactly this

They were but my caveats would be the resources he had and the firm base that Gray created for him after the shambolic latter days if DJ.

As I say though, I hope he doesn't receive abuse.

1 minute ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

They were but my caveats would be the resources he had and the firm base that Gray created for him after the shambolic latter days if DJ.

As I say though, I hope he doesn't receive abuse.

The resources he had we average/above average based on the rest of the league. EVERY manager keeps hold of the good in a team and tries to make them better in areas they fail in. Carlos did that very well. Again, I reference Leicester/Ranieri. Claudio was very open in the fact he didn't change much from Nigel Pearsons run of 7 wins out of their last 9 games in the previous season. by doing that, they won the league. 

Carlos saw we had the base of a good team and added the missing links. Bannan/Forestieri and Hooper being the major contributors to that. Not so sure we could have asked any more from him and as i've stated before, he failed at the last fence twice in a row. Depending on who you speak to, it was either down to a bit of luck being lacking or approaching the games in the wrong way... Either way, the real barometer of how he did HAS to be over a 46 game season. He 2 excellent one and was failing this year. The most part of his tenure here was a happy time. For that, i'll always be grateful 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
34 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Carlos time at the club is tainted by the way he left, the mess he left us in

Worse than when Big Ron left the second time round

Yes it is tainted. He lost his way but the biggest problem we have at the moment, the biggest mess, is the horrendous injury situation. I wanted him gone in the summer but who knows if CC was a victim of the injuries or whether the theories/whispers of his mismanagement of them have credibility. 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
6 minutes ago, ramone said:

The resources he had we average/above average based on the rest of the league. EVERY manager keeps hold of the good in a team and tries to make them better in areas they fail in. Carlos did that very well. Again, I reference Leicester/Ranieri. Claudio was very open in the fact he didn't change much from Nigel Pearsons run of 7 wins out of their last 9 games in the previous season. by doing that, they won the league. 

Carlos saw we had the base of a good team and added the missing links. Bannan/Forestieri and Hooper being the major contributors to that. Not so sure we could have asked any more from him and as i've stated before, he failed at the last fence twice in a row. Depending on who you speak to, it was either down to a bit of luck being lacking or approaching the games in the wrong way... Either way, the real barometer of how he did HAS to be over a 46 game season. He 2 excellent one and was failing this year. The most part of his tenure here was a happy time. For that, i'll always be grateful 

I'll come at it a different way then. I believe that Gray would have employed those resources better. He did wonders on buttons compared to Carlos. Carlos IMO was backed better than any manager I can recall in my 55 years as a supporter; using the barometer of comparison to peer clubs.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

3 minutes ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

I'll come at it a different way then. I believe that Gray would have employed those resources better. He did wonders on buttons compared to Carlos. Carlos IMO was backed better than any manager I can recall in my 55 years as a supporter; using the barometer of comparison to peer clubs.

When bang average 2nd division players are costing £10 -15 M spending money doesn't guarantee success. Ask Villa last season. So the spent more money nonsense doesn't matter. What mattered is that we had our best two seasons in 20 odd years. If not getting promotion is the yardstick then like you with over 50 years of watching the owls we've had a LOT of managers who have failed and only four who have succeeded Charlton, Wilko, Big Ron and Jones that's since 1959 since I've been watching us.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
4 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

When bang average 2nd division players are costing £10 -15 M spending money doesn't guarantee success. Ask Villa last season. So the spent more money nonsense doesn't matter. What mattered is that we had our best two seasons in 20 odd years. If not getting promotion is the yardstick then like you with over 50 years of watching the owls we've had a LOT of managers who have failed and only four who have succeeded Charlton, Wilko, Big Ron and Jones that's since 1959 since I've been watching us.

Yes we have but that doesn't make Carlos a success . I revert to my earlier posts which I stand by. We disagree that's all. That's fine. Back to main point though. I hope CC doesn't kop abuse.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

3 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Sturrock?

1 minute ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Maybe the players recruited could at least put up a bit of a battle instead of returning just 10 points from the last 14 games and 1 goal scored in the last 6 league games. Some legacy.

I don't think CC or DC wanted or planned for legacy. The only aim just about was to get promoted ASAP, I don't think much thought was given to what happened if we failed.

Bloke deserves a welcome back. He's a good bloke that just failed in the end here at S6

he certainly DOES NOT deserve any abuse.

I wanted rid of him, because he just wasn't doing the job. Now we see, that there's more to the club and what's happened

than meets the eye.

He deserves applause... and no f...ucker slagging him off.

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I don't think CC or DC wanted or planned for legacy. The only aim just about was to get promoted ASAP, I don't think much thought was given to what happened if we failed.

Which highlights how the club has been mismanaged on a grand scale. You set your goals and plan for all consequences but then again football doesn't do common sense and we certainly don't.

3 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Bloke deserves a welcome back. He's a good bloke that just failed in the end here at S6

he certainly DOES NOT deserve any abuse.

I wanted rid of him, because he just wasn't doing the job. Now we see, that there's more to the club and what's happened

than meets the eye.

He deserves applause... and no f...ucker slagging him off.

Wasn't CC a part of that though?