#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

Just now, wilyfox said:

My kinda party! Unless we shift some shybo, I can't see us bringing anyone in. Our squad is huge and we're running outta time to change it up. Seems that Hunt & Rhodes were casualties to balance the books, but not enough to bring someone in. 

Oh well. Greno Woods at midnight it is then.

• Haha 3

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Oh well. Greno Woods at midnight it is then.

You bring the birds, I'll bring the Ford Transit & mattress. 

58 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

I don't mean let's just cash in on all of them right now, it's knowing when to cash in and at the best price. Take Forestieri when he had his Norwich spat, you'd have got more money for him then than you would now. In that time since he hasn't been amazing and also injured a fair bit.

Vydra was top scorer last season but the year before at Reading was 3 goals in 31 games so again,it's knowing the time to cash in. That's the point I'm trying to make, they'll sell him for a profit and he did well for them in that time getting to the playoffs. Marriott is younger, cheaper and has the potential to double his worth with a decent season. If that were us we'd spend it on a Fletcher type player.

Also Derby's season tickets are half what ours are and they still manage to finish well year on year so not the worst thing to do to refresh every now and again.

Understand what you are saying but it still leaves them in the same financial situation as us really give or take a few million and the fans have to see there star player leave every summer.

I'm going to officially open the imaginary loan window, that we seem to be waiting for

We've missed out on a few already

Ryan Kent 
Jack Colback 
Ovie Ejaria 
Mason Mount 
Harry Wilson 
Trevoh Chalobah 
Lewis Baker 
Sam Byram

But who is left?

Cameron Carter-Vickers - Did surprising well at Ipswich, after leaving Utd

Joshua Onomah - How did he do at Villa last season?

Tosin Adarabioyo - Leeds have dibs on Man City loanees?

Dominic Iorfa - Struggled to keep Jordan Spence out of the team, during his loan at Ipswich

Connor Coady - Not Portuguese enough for Wolves now?
Danny Batth - Not Portuguese enough for Wolves now?

Will Forest or Derby have any cast offs worth looking at now? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Wish I’d never started this thread, its been a bloody curse.

We could keep it rolling until the January transfer window or maybe into close season next year.

We should run a sweep on the page number when our next signing will be and the money goes to charity or something. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rogers said:

We could keep it rolling until the January transfer window or maybe into close season next year.

We should run a sweep on the page number when our next signing will be and the money goes to charity or something. 

Page 5067. July 31st 2021.

Leeds United are keeping tabs on Patrick Bamford, according to reports coming out of West Yorkshire.

New manager Marcelo Bielsa is in the market for a striker and the Championship club were close to prising Matej Vydra away from Derby County earlier in the month.

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Derby complete the signing of Marriott, Another exciting signing for them.

Derby have certainly attracted some exciting players. Assembling a talented squad is one thing, getting them to play as a team and get tactically sound is another. I think that'll be Lampards downfall but will be interesting to watch!

3 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Bradford local press reckons that Bolton have moved away from Charlie Wyke and have lodged a bid for Joe Garner instead. Might make Ipswich even less keen to let Waghorn go to Derby or Dem Blavges.

Waghorn is not going to the blunts if Ipswich want 8 mill for him, they would struggle with the 5 mill the press quoted them