Sheffield Wednesday fans at away games - picture thread

2 hours ago, lairyowl said:

IMG-20171229-WA0013.jpg

is this the one at Saltergate where the lad in shot with the patchwork denim flares just kept menacingly walking towards the referee slowly who kept trying to trot away so the lad just changed direction at the same sedate pace ha ha ......................took an age for the coppers to remove him, think it was the 2 - 2 game ?

There’s something amazingly great about these old pictures. 

It feels like back in the day fans used to be able to (or just did) express themselves more. 

Makes me quite sad that in other thread that some people don’t  want someone proudly waving an OWLS flag at Hillsborough anymore. 

Football has either become a bit boring, or people just think ‘they are weird’ instead of ‘they are having a laugh, good on them’. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

is this the one at Saltergate where the lad in shot with the patchwork denim flares just kept menacingly walking towards the referee slowly who kept trying to trot away so the lad just changed direction at the same sedate pace ha ha ......................took an age for the coppers to remove him, think it was the 2 - 2 game ?

Think your right, one of the first away games I went to. Remember going two down and at that age I could not believe such a tinpot outfit could be beating Wednesday, loved the comeback that day though. Sadly over the years I've had to get used to small teams with tiny grounds beating us on a fairly regular basis.

Edited by Middlewood Owl

15 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Don't think it is  the home team is in white , so could be Prenton Park  Tranmere .

48 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

is this the one at Saltergate where the lad in shot with the patchwork denim flares just kept menacingly walking towards the referee slowly who kept trying to trot away so the lad just changed direction at the same sedate pace ha ha ......................took an age for the coppers to remove him, think it was the 2 - 2 game?

Queen of the South away 

Edited by lairyowl
Mistake

1 hour ago, Owl Capone said:

I think Southend was declared a disaster zone after that weekend!. I even remember a couple of "characters" travelling all the way down there on Mopeds illegally going down every motorway and any other road they shouldn't have been on

For the younger ones he's not on about the restricted 30 mph jobs we have now !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ramone said:

Nigel on the right. Me and my Dad had season tickets in front of him, his lad and his old man for years. My Dad still sits in the same seat!! 

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

I do as well, he's always asking me and brother if we've seen his mate. We haven't got a clue who he's on about. lol

Nigel that's him.

Don't know him well but i clock him at almost every away game.

I reckon he's working undercover.