Sheffield Wednesday fans at away games - picture thread

4 hours ago, casbahowl said:

North Bank Highbury FA Cup semi final v Brighton..........

Sam &  Cainey flying the flag !

A15EA260-E2A5-4F4C-A648-E4F6122F457E.jpeg

That brings back great memories...caught a very early train down to London on the day, and that huge flag was being paraded around St Pancras as we walked out - I was only about 15 at the time, and had been season ticket holder a good while... but don’t think I quite appreciated how massive our support was until this semi, just seemed like Wednesday had taken over London for the day...even though we got beat, it was a clear sign that we were definitely on our way back (as the following season proved :-))... also made everyone realise what a great noise we all made on a big terrace under a roof.

28 minutes ago, Kevan said:

Is that the one that used to have the stuffed bar outside with a hot dog in its mouth?

Bloody hell kevan, can vaguely remember the pub and the river Trent  but little else , brilliant times following wednesday

13 hours ago, Southernblues said:
        Take your pick  

1978/1979

Sat 02 Sep

Lincoln City

1 - 2

Sheffield Wednesday

League

1977/1978

Sat 18 Mar

Lincoln City

3 - 1

Sheffield Wednesday

League

1976/1977

Sat 02 Oct

Lincoln City

1 - 1

Sheffield Wednesday

League

I am sure it was 76 / 77......................my first ever away game, and i think, Brian Hornsby`s debut, i was stood in the middle of that lot with my Dad and couldnt see a f***** thing!

I remember the 3 - 1 game the year after cause we were in the stand.

11 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

I am sure it was 76 / 77......................my first ever away game, and i think, Brian Hornsby`s debut, i was stood in the middle of that lot with my Dad and couldnt see a f***** thing!

I remember the 3 - 1 game the year after cause we were in the stand.

They were a lot of crowd trouble at the 3-1 game, I was about 13 and went on my own on national sut coach from Pond Street.

The old 3rd Division days when wednesdayites would take over the grounds at a lot of places , teams would only have 3-4 thousand of their own fans and Wednesday would turn up in big numbers( no tickets required back then).

I was only in my early teens then but went to a few places , we were sadly poor back then as a team until we went up in 79/80 but what great support we had, like many have said it was great fun following Wednesday around back then.

• Like 1