Accomodation

5 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

I’ve booked the last week of July in there, we can’t wait, ideal for the pool across the road, the young uns going to love it 

You spoil them. When I was a kid we'd have loved a week away from the shoebox we called home. 6 of us in 1 bed, sometimes 7 if uncle John came to stay - he was a funny bugger though.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Sorry to be pedantic , but please spell it correctly - it's ACCOMMODATION.  It was something that for some reason was drilled into me at school, and later, for around 7 years until I managed to get it changed, the sign  was opposite my office window, annoying me intensely. 

However, that aside, I have often wondered about this point. having 'club houses' wouldn't work. I fell foul of this in my career, when the chap who's job I inherited, refused to move house, leaving me with a pregnant wife and a young son, and myself in digs for 14 months. Not conducive to one's home or work life. Living in Sheffield with all its hills can be a problem for anyone in weather like today's  Try living in Buxton. Or better still - DON'T.         

***  yoo I was hungover lol

12 hours ago, GHS said:

Always wondered.

Jos and his assistant for example.

Does the club own property for staff in this situation to stay in whilst they find accomodation?

Or do they stay in hotels?

I for one know how isolating and limited it is staying in hotels for long periods so got me thinking. Nothing like cooking for yourself etc...

Stalker ?

7 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

1) Space then comma

2) Always use a capital letter after a full stop

3) Unnecessary use of a capital letter

4) Fragmented sentence

6/10

lol

Sorry. Thank you for correcting my mistakes.  60%. That's not too bad , considering my hands are crippled with arthritis, and that I try and remember what I was taught 65+years ago. I also have a mind now like a sieve. It's just one of the things that annoys me. That is, the spelling of that particular word. 

11 hours ago, dlink said:

The club used to own all the houses on a cul-de-sac near Oughtibridge where newly signed players stayed with their families or on their own.. Years ago, in the nineties, we used to deliver hire cars to certain Wednesday players if they needed them. This may have changed now of course.

Is it that cul de sac up from the pub where Quinny got stroked?

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

14 hours ago, GHS said:

Always wondered.

Does the club own property for staff in this situation to stay in whilst they find accomodation?

I for one know how isolating and limited it is staying in hotels for long periods so got me thinking. Nothing like cooking for yourself etc...

They stay at the Alara B&B on penistone rd . 

14 hours ago, GHS said:

Always wondered.

5a63cd22588e9_flat1000x1000075f.jpg.f2b29affe4a834173ec38898ebe569d3.jpg