Accomodation

Always wondered.

Jos and his assistant for example.

Does the club own property for staff in this situation to stay in whilst they find accomodation?

Or do they stay in hotels?

I for one know how isolating and limited it is staying in hotels for long periods so got me thinking. Nothing like cooking for yourself etc...

Guest Bulgaria
27 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

They’ve put a certain Portuguese player in a house with a hill at the bottom of the drive.

He cannot drive in the snow at all and thinks high revs are the way to go.

Carnage!

I would put money on it being Lucas.

34 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

They’ve put a certain Portuguese player in a house with a hill at the bottom of the drive.

He cannot drive in the snow at all and thinks high revs are the way to go.

Carnage!

My moneys on Frederico Venanci-snow?WTF:

Edited by Tudders
  • Haha 1

Guest Bulgaria
2 minutes ago, Tudders said:

My moneys on Frederico Venanci-snow?WTF:

Ouch!!

Can't see it being him, he looks to sensible and calculated. Lucas on the other hand.... I can see him giving it what for and wondering why his car ain't moving.

I know in one of his earlier press conferences he was asked what he thought of Sheffield (as a city) so far. He responded by saying he'd only really been from his hotel to the training ground.

Whether or not he's still in a hotel, I dunno.

46 minutes ago, GHS said:

Always wondered.

Does the club own property for staff in this situation to stay in whilst they find accomodation?

I for one know how isolating and limited it is staying in hotels for long periods so got me thinking. Nothing like cooking for yourself etc...

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/894558/BBC-Breakfast-viewers-left-fuming-after-spotting-HUGE-blunder

1 hour ago, GHS said:

Always wondered.

They were all in St Paul’s McDonalds hotel after the United game, sat in the bar area laughing and joking, they was still there at about 12:30 when we left

29C038D9-1657-4193-AF9B-763D8F7EC141.jpeg

Sorry to be pedantic , but please spell it correctly - it's ACCOMMODATION.  It was something that for some reason was drilled into me at school, and later, for around 7 years until I managed to get it changed, the sign  was opposite my office window, annoying me intensely. 

However, that aside, I have often wondered about this point. having 'club houses' wouldn't work. I fell foul of this in my career, when the chap who's job I inherited, refused to move house, leaving me with a pregnant wife and a young son, and myself in digs for 14 months. Not conducive to one's home or work life. Living in Sheffield with all its hills can be a problem for anyone in weather like today's  Try living in Buxton. Or better still - DON'T.         

The club used to own all the houses on a cul-de-sac near Oughtibridge where newly signed players stayed with their families or on their own.. Years ago, in the nineties, we used to deliver hire cars to certain Wednesday players if they needed them. This may have changed now of course.

1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

Sorry to be pedantic , but please spell it correctly - it's ACCOMMODATION.  It was something that for some reason was drilled into me at school, and later, for around 7 years until I managed to get it changed, the sign  was opposite my office window, annoying me intensely. 

However, that aside, I have often wondered about this point. having 'club houses' wouldn't work. I fell foul of this in my career, when the chap who's job I inherited, refused to move house, leaving me with a pregnant wife and a young son, and myself in digs for 14 months. Not conducive to one's home or work life. Living in Sheffield with all its hills can be a problem for anyone in weather like today's  Try living in Buxton. Or better still - DON'T.         

I'm out your way but even more in the sticks, fella. Couldn't get to Carlisle game the other night as all the roads out were closed. Reyt pain in the bum.

2 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

1) Space then comma

2) Always use a capital letter after a full stop

3) Unnecessary use of a capital letter

4) Fragmented sentence

6/10

lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, deantheowl said:

Think they stay in the Alara on Penistone road :tango:

I’ve booked the last week of July in there, we can’t wait, ideal for the pool across the road, the young uns going to love it 

Edited by Owl999