Adam Reach on new manager coming in "if you're a minute late that's a punishment"

"He's just trying to get into everyone's brain that you need to be 100 per cent every minute of every day, and then hopefully the standards that have been lifted from Monday to Friday will transfer onto the pitch."

Alex Ferguson style mentality. Love it. 

Reach has always given 100% and I'd think he'd be happy with Jos and the new regime. Others may not be so keen however, it will be interesting to see how individuals respond. IMO Jos has made a big impact already and is going in the right direction. I also think we'll be looking for a different type of player, more energetic and  athletic types that give everything when competing. The future is beginning to look bright.

3 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

I know I'll be accused of being negative when so far things are looking better but why do professional footballers earning half a million pounds a year need to be told to arrive on time, give 100% all the time, work hard at their job etc.?  

Once again someone thinks that the amount you pay someone = how they'll perform/act

It's not the case. Never has been. Never will be.

The money someone is paid is totally irrelevant when it comes to something like this.

Owlstalk Shop

Might start fining my staff for turning up a minute late. Probably a nice little earner.

I am not sure I totally approve of ultra strict discipline. A workplace is a workplace. If you take this stuff too far it becomes counter productive as few people like working for a total git.

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

Let their tyres down.

If the problem persists...take their PS4s off em for a month.

FFS.

I think they should have their hamptons deliberately trapped in their zips.  There'd be no lateness then - I know that much.

Not sure who'd fancy the job of performing the task though.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Might start fining my staff for turning up a minute late. Probably a nice little earner.

I am not sure I totally approve of ultra strict discipline. A workplace is a workplace. If you take this stuff too far it becomes counter productive as few people like working for a total git.

True. But asking people to turn up to work on time isn't too much to ask is it.

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Once again someone thinks that the amount you pay someone = how they'll perform/act

It's not the case. Never has been. Never will be.

The money someone is paid is totally irrelevant when it comes to something like this.

That wasn't my point, it was that they are PROFESSIONAL footballers. However, how can it NOT be relevant ?  If they were paid £15,000 a year and treated badly, as many people are, you could just about excuse not giving a t o s s  (although I would argue personal pride should dictate that you give 100%).  When footballers earnt a normal wage and were finished by 30, you could excuse them paying attention to their corner shop, pub, plumbing business.   The amount someone earns is relevant to thier performance, how can it not be?

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

I think they should have their hamptons deliberately trapped in their zips.  There'd be no lateness then - I know that much.

Not sure who'd fancy the job of performing the task though.

There's an old fashioned thing in my industry...practiced by the elite in their trades..... personal pride...it's totally divorced from money and can be learned.

FFS.

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

There's an old fashioned thing in my industry...practiced by the elite in their trades..... personal pride...it's totally divorced from money and can be learned.

FFS.

Don't be coming on here with that sort of talk!  This is a football forum. It's black and white. Carrott or stick.

And some people like the stick. Like that M.P they found with the Satsuma in his mouth.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

Thank god clueless is gone. Sounds like it was a right holiday camp by the end. 

Discipline and hard work are the basics  which every team should be able to achieve. The new manager isnt asking for the impossible , just what the players should be doing in the first place. 

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Don't be coming on here with that sort of talk!  This is a football forum. It's black and white. Carrott or stick.

And some people like the stick. Like that M.P they found with the Satsuma in his mouth.

At least he didn't tie himself up and lock himself in a suitcase.

FFS.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Thank god clueless is gone. Sounds like it was a right holiday camp by the end. 

Indeed - a shambles and a total pisstake with regards to the money being spent.

If I were DC I’d have been apoplectic.

looks like JL has already instilled some discipline, just what was needed as a startpoint.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl