Not another ticket prices thread, surely....

51 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The bit they don't tell you though is how big the stadiums are Lyon holds 59,000, Stuttgart 60,000, Madrid 81,000, Barcelona 99,000 and so on their prices may be cheaper but the can because they have more fans. 

I am not saying this is fair but Sheff Wed get 26,000 to a game at say £35 a game if we were getting 50,000 to a game we could maybe charge 320 a ticket and still make more hence the cheapness of places like Lyon and Stuttgart

320 a ticket?? wow that'll blow Arsenal out of the water WTF:

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I thought we are always told that it costs about 8 pence to watch Bayern? 

Standing tickets are capped at £15 potg and a lot cheaper if you have a season ticket.

However if you want to sit down tickets go from £40 to £90 potg. 

I went to watch Bremen in October and the cheapest ticket you can buy without being a member was £35. I bought one of these then swapped it outside for a standing ticket. 

German football is cheap if you are a ST holder or member. POTG and it’s as bad if not worse than England.

• Thanks 1

I've been to the San Siro and i think they have it spot on, you can pay £15 and upwards to £200. In a wealthy city like Milan that puts London clubs to shame.

Hardly anyone is priced out, to get the cheaper tickets you do have to be quick. Miss them, then on to the next price, £25 and so on.

Except for the really big games it is not often sold out.

In context, a pint of guiness in the centre of Milan cost nearly as much as the cheap match tickets.

So, in the centre of Sheffield a pint of guiness is £3.75

So DC we should be selling tickets for less than £4.00, otherwise how are we going to compete with AC and Inter? lol

6 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Standing tickets are capped at £15 potg and a lot cheaper if you have a season ticket.

However if you want to sit down tickets go from £40 to £90 potg. 

I went to watch Bremen in October and the cheapest ticket you can buy without being a member was £35. I bought one of these then swapped it outside for a standing ticket. 

German football is cheap if you are a ST holder or member. POTG and it’s as bad if not worse than England.

Interesting - not disagreeing with the fact our prices (and England in general) are too high but that age old stat about German football is good to have in a bit of context. 

32 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Not sure how anyone can sit there and knock getting 12,000 against Carlisle on a Tuesday night during a flipping snow blizzard.

Perfectly acceptable turnout, regardless of how cheap the tickets were.

Thought crowd was about 2,000-3,000 more then I estimated when saw the weather forecast yesterday morning.

Got impression a few people were there who are not regular supporters as it was cheap prices which is good to see.

Not sure about that Everton price as an average tbh.

Took daughter to Liverpool for weekend 2 years ago, and made a last minute decision to go see Everton v West Brom.

Went to Everton shop in Liverpool One, and was quoted upwards of £30 just for my ticket, and was told view would be 'severely restricted' (can't remember which stand it was).

Didn't bother going.

1 hour ago, clud17 said:

Tuesday night, January,  cup replay against lower oposition, awful conditions. I think 12k was pretty good.

I think people are hiding from the truth that we wouldn't fill the ground with cheaper tickets.

There will always be reasons given such as oppositions, week night, bad weather etc.

I really don't think it would add more to the attendance and would take away from the value of season ticket

4 hours ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Oh come on, you know theres only the Prem in England, there must be, its all thats ever talked about. Seriously though nobody can use the "too expensive" argument anymore after a mere 12,003 turned up for a tenner a ticket game. Lets see if any more turn up a week on friday at £15 because some on here claimed we would fill the ground it tixkets were £20.

Your missing the point that 23k season ticket holders won't all be going to the cup game , plus the fact it's Friday night not sat afternoon will put quite a few off , can't see more than 15k for the Reading game 

13 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

I really don't think it would add more to the attendance and would take away from the value of season ticket

Wow, no problem then for £40 to watch Wednesday v Reading in a 4th round cup match on a fooookin Saturday Friday night, having just forked out £38 to watch em play the mighty Cardiff the week before. Why not charge £75 ? after all it will not affect attendances ....kin ell?

Do you work for Clarion?

And the 'value of the season tickets' would be taken away?

Edited by sherlyegg

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Wow, no problem then for £40 to watch Wednesday v Reading in a 4th round cup match on a fooookin Saturday night, having just forked out £38 to watch em play the mighty Cardiff the week before. Why not charge £75 ? after all it will not affect attendances ....kin ell?

Do you work for Clarion?

And the 'value of the season tickets' would be taken away?

que?

I'm not talking about cup matches per se but league matches over the season.

Calm down.

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think £15 for Reading in the Cup on a Friday night is fair.

One of those games where even if it was £5 not many more would turn up.

There was a time when this game would have attracted a bigger crowd than the league crowds , the FA cup used to be a big deal , times have changed of course thanks to the perverse amount of money involved now for being in the premier league , weakened sides common place and just a lack of respect for the famous old competition by the bigger clubs