Where Are They Now?

1 hour ago, Ethel The Tree said:

I'm sure you're right

As I've said before, I rely almost exclusively on soccerway.com for up to date info

According to them he's still in Portugal (but their details of the Italian lower leagues are sparse at best)

Fair to say di Piedi is a bit like the Duracel Bunny in those parts  :biggrin:

I used transfer markt , according to that he signed for paceco 10 days ago .......when you look at his career he must be the ultimate journeyman , he been all round the world .

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

I used transfer markt , according to that he signed for paceco 10 days ago .......when you look at his career he must be the ultimate journeyman , he been all round the world .

Well there you go, your stats are BANG up to date

Don't suppose they've mentioned Kamil Zayatte by any chance  :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Well there you go, your stats are BANG up to date

Don't suppose they've mentioned Kamil Zayatte by any chance  :ph34r:

it does ....left Saudi club  al raed jan 1st 2016 and still a free agent ......

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Just as I thought, beamed up by aliens  :picnic:

i'm on a roll now ...Rafael floro plays in the porttuguese 2nd division for cova da piedada but doesn't make the squad to often, 7 games this season but usually seems to get  subbed .

Okay, torryowl

Here's one for you ...

Charlie Hayford Ex-Tottenham trainee who turned out for our U23s last season

I heard from somewhere that he'd gone to play in South Africa

I spent a couple of minutes looking but it's your proverbial needle in a haystack  (no pun intended)

8 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Okay, torryowl

Here's one for you ...

Charlie Hayford Ex-Tottenham trainee who turned out for our U23s last season

I heard from somewhere that he'd gone to play in South Africa

I spent a couple of minutes looking but it's your proverbial needle in a haystack  (no pun intended)

as of sept 2017 he played for hemel hamstead town but don't think he there now ......no mention of him moving to south Africa 

• Thanks 1

Given our ongoing injury situation it would've been nice to bring in a couple of loanees between transfer windows

For a start, it may have helped us to keep in touch with the top 6

There are probably a number of good reasons why the loan system was due an overhaul, it's just the timing that has done us no favours

Not like the old days when a new face would show up for a month and stick around longer if things worked out okay

There'd be young starlets straight out of some PL club's academy, or older heads in need of game time

Sometimes a club might benefit from those useful connections the manager/coach has made over the years

At other times it seemed like common practice played out to the mutual benefit of agents, owners and CEOs

Some loans worked out brilliantly, some barely got off the ground, and it seems for every Connor Wickham there was a ...

GARY TAYLOR-FLETCHER

All joking aside, if GTF was the answer then WTF was the question?

He rolled up (literally) as a 33yr old during Stuart Gray's full season in charge

We were mid-table (about 12th) with no realistic chance of finishing any higher and no ambition at board level beyond Championship survival

Atdhe Nuhiu, Stevie May & Chris Maguire would take turns up top and goals were proving hard to come by

Gary Madine was a regular sub up until then, but when he got sent to Coventry (literally), GTF was brought in to replace him (!)

Needless to say, he didn't stay long - 4 apps in total (2 starts), three 0-0 draws and a 1-1 - he was back at Leicester who promptly sent him out on loan again (Millwall) and again, without much success

He spent the following season 2015-16 in the National League with Tranmere and after a very brief spell last season at Accrington (4 games) he ended up playing for Bangor City in the Welsh Premier League

He was even named caretaker player/manager there for a time but now, aged 36, his 6 goals in 18 games this season suggest he may have found his niche

Edited by Ethel The Tree
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Given our ongoing injury situation it would've been nice to bring in a couple of loanees between transfer windows

For a start, it may have helped us to keep in touch with the top 6

There are probably a number of good reasons why the loan system was due an overhaul, it's just the timing that has done us no favours

Not like the old days when a new face would show up for a month and stick around longer if things worked out okay

There'd be young starlets straight out of some PL club's academy, or older heads in need of game time

Sometimes a club might benefit from those useful connections the manager/coach has made over the years

At other times it seemed like common practice played out to the mutual benefit of agents, owners and CEOs

Some loans worked out brilliantly, some barely got off the ground, and it seems for every Connor Wickham there was a ...

GARY TAYLOR-FLETCHER = :carlosswfc: 

All joking aside, if GTF was the answer then WTF was the question?

He rolled up (literally) as a 33yr old during Stuart Gray's full season in charge

We were mid-table (about 12th) with no realistic chance of finishing any higher and no ambition at board level beyond Championship survival

Atdhe Nuhiu, Stevie May & Chris Maguire would take turns up top and goals were proving hard to come by

Gary Madine was a regular sub up until then, but when he got sent to Coventry (literally), GTF was brought in to replace him (!)

Needless to say, he didn't stay long - 4 apps in total (2 starts), three 0-0 draws and a 1-1 - he was back at Leicester who promptly sent him out on loan again (Millwall) and again, without much success

He spent the following season 2015-16 in the National League with Tranmere and after a very brief spell last season at Accrington (4 games) he ended up playing for Bangor City in the Welsh Premier League

He was even named caretaker player/manager there for a time but now, aged 36, his 6 goals in 18 games this season suggest he may have found his niche

lol

23 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I’ve got one for you (can’t see he’s been mentioned before) Pablo Bonvin. What ever happened to him ?

Actually, Markowski77 mentioned this fella somewhere near the start

Details are sparse so I can only repeat what I said earlier ...

That he left us 2002 and returned to Argentina - incidentally, we'd taken him from Newcastle but it would seem like both clubs had in fact loaned him from Boca Juniors - where he appeared to spend short periods playing for a number of sides there and also in Mexico & Ecuador before retiring early (around 27yr old)

No reasons given, although one source claims he didn't retire until 2010

57 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I’ve got one for you (can’t see he’s been mentioned before) Pablo Bonvin. What ever happened to him ?

Seeing you mention Pablo got me thinking of the other Argentinian player we had called Juan Cobain

Looking at Wikipedia he played less than 60 games in a career spanning 11 years blighted by injury and issues with contracts. Does not make good reading

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Cobián 

Rhys McCabe plays for Sligo Rovers in ROI

weird how downhill his career went after he was MOTM for Rangers v celtic in an old firm game

at this point I think john fleck was forgotten & frozen out at rangers before he left to go to Coventry, now look at them, both similar age

8 minutes ago, flo said:

Lloyd Sam?

Paul Corry?

Oshilaji?

Olifinjana? :laugh:

Yoann Folly?

Paul Corry retired with knee injuries after spending the 2016/17 season with Shamrock Rovers, and oshiajilili did spend a season or 2 at Gillingham, might still be there for all I know :ph34r:

Edited by marcx666

5 minutes ago, mrrodge said:

Retired at 27 and went to work in Mcdonalds part time (true story) while studying for a degree at Sheffield Hallam University

Real nice bloke as well from what i have read on here in the past... shame how things turn out...

From Wiki:

Near the end of the 2011–12 season, Folly was advised that his contract with Aberdeen would not be extended.[13] On 25 August 2012, Folly had to retire from professional football after being diagnosed with chronic pulmonary embolism.

• Thanks 1