Sean Clare

3 hours ago, East Yorks Owl said:

First impression of our new boss is that he’s got plenty of balls. He’s not afraid to introduce a new formation in such a big game and tbh I wouldn’t have had the nerve to swap Wallace for Clare in those last few minutes. Initial signs are good, in fact the entire team already seem to have taken on some steel from his appointment.

Pretty clear from observing Jos on the sidelines tonight that he's a very calm, cool bloke. Unless he's utterly deluded (don't think so) that tells me he's very confident in what he does. Just put yourself in his position tonight - coming to another country to manage a team basically in crisis at a club in turmoil and a few days later your very first game is a local derby (away) on Sky. Then realise this bloke must have balls of steel and an iron will. 

Edited by Almat

2 minutes ago, SalfordOwl said:

what a game to make your debut; albeit a run out. why have I got a funny feeling about this lad? Fingers crossed..WAWAW

SalfordOwl

Cos' you're his dad?

27 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Cos' you're his dad?

Ha ha. I'm old enough to be - thats for sure.

Dont know why. Maybe just that so few players come through the ranks and get a proper first team run for us, its a novelty...

....If only I had a son playing for Wednesday :) 

I think we have enough with the current team to stay away from a relegation scrap and as we get injured players back I think we will climb the league.

I wouldn't bother making any signings, now is the perfect opportunity to start playing youngsters!

1 hour ago, SalfordOwl said:

Ha ha. I'm old enough to be - thats for sure.

Dont know why. Maybe just that so few players come through the ranks and get a proper first team run for us, its a novelty...

....If only I had a son playing for Wednesday :) 

That's a sentiment we can all share!

Sean Flair. 

Sounds like all the the fan base is genuinely excited to see our youth players given a chance. 

Seeing a few academy players given a change would boost the fans more than almost any signings that would be made in Jan. 

well done Sean. And as mentioned earlier, great to see him roast Palmer for the hoof in the last minute. 

WAWAW

13 hours ago, Reallondonowl said:

Great - just need a contract for George Hirst

If he hadn't been so greedy he'd probably have played some part last night. His loss.

A MASSIVE well done to Sean Clare, well played lad

Edited by neo hippy

Big well done to Sean on making hise debut, and in Steel City derby out of all games.

Shows how highly he is rated by new main man.

Clare and Penney could well be important players for Wednesday for years to come.

I'm sure Clare's contract is out at the end of the season, and I'm hopeful that club are working on new, improved long term deal for him as I write this.