Season ticket refund OFFICIAL OFFER

Anyone thinking the ban on getting future STs is illegal, have a look at the discussion on the Rochdale forum (see Neil's post). 

On the substantive issue of ST refund, chairman flounce etc, their fans are as split as Owlstalk, so perhaps it not all bad PR. 

Note: there are less than half a dozen posts, so statistically it might not stand up to scrutiny.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I doubt it's encouraged a single person to consider coming to a match or buying a single ticket or season ticket

But I bet it's put a few off

We'll have made a loss on this issue that's for sure

I agree.

But my point that "perhaps it's not all bad publicity" stands. Clearly there are fans of other teams that don't think negatively about a chairman reacting to moaners (as they put it) with a put up or shut up ultimatum.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I doubt it's encouraged a single person to consider coming to a match or buying a single ticket or season ticket

Its not been made as a business decision. No business offers refunds as an option.

3 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

But my point that "perhaps it's not all bad publicity" stands. Clearly there are fans of other teams that don't think negatively about a chairman reacting to moaners (as they put it) with a put up or shut up ultimatum.

Not sure that's good publicity as such though

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If it's put a few off maybe they shouldn't have considered buying one in the first place ......... Win Win for all concerned !

38 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Fans should be ashamed of themselves. Moaned about this season, chairman offers money back and still people moan. Give the guy a break FFS before he sees sense and moves on to a place that respects and doesn't criticise every decision he makes. Also if anyone does refund their ticket then I would like to see a lifetime ban. WAWAW only if we winning. I not seen Look North, its a biased opinion and always has been. I always known swfc fans hard to please, but lately I really I starting to think we have a large amount of moaners who will never be happy. Chansiri keeps threatening to run the club as other chairman do by treating fans as customers. Who can blame him. The refunders should be ashamed and good riddance.  

You should pay double for your season ticket next season, you’re a true fan. You’re the best, you eat, sleep and drink Wednesday.

Nobody is as big a Wednesdayite as you. You’re a legend pal and you deserve the privilege of paying more than the rest of the scrotes who aren’t quite as fanatical as you. You deserve a statue outside the south stand and the honour of paying for it’s erection and you will pay it, because you at a true fan. You are Sheffield Wednesday sir.

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

You should pay double for your season ticket next season, you’re a true fan. You’re the best, you eat, sleep and drink Wednesday.

Nobody is as big a Wednesdayite as you. You’re a legend pal and you deserve the privilege of paying more than the rest of the scrotes who aren’t quite as fanatical as you. You deserve a statue outside the south stand and the honour of paying for it’s erection and you will pay it, because you at a true fan. You are Sheffield Wednesday sir.

Who's paying for the rest of the statue, though?

:stuwinky:

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Certainly not me, I’ve only got one kidney left now and I might need to sell that one for next years season ticket and shirt. WTF:

Call yourself a fan?

I've had to sell my house, my family, and 90% of my body to pay to watch Wednesday.

It's hard being homeless when you're a disembodied head floating in a glass jar, but that's the price I'm willing to pay to watch Wednesday.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Call yourself a fan?

I've had to sell my house, my family, and 90% of my body to pay to watch Wednesday.

It's hard being homeless when you're a disembodied head floating in a glass jar, but that's the price I'm willing to pay to watch Wednesday.

Fancy trialling for the Owls then? Reckon you’d still pass a medical even with an affliction such as that  :picnic:

• Haha 1

On 09/01/2018 at 11:27, owls maniac said:

Ban from all future season tickets? lol 

A stupid offer that has has unnecessarily antagonised the fan base. 

Without agreeing or disagreeing with the ban, I can see that logic behind it. Do we want to sell season tickets to someone that has a history of getting a refund; it could happen again. 

He he shouldn’t have made the refund offer in the first place. 

4 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

If you get more than 7 likes for any post on here - yep

That's interesting, a poster that used to go on here suggested the same number so might be some truth to it? Grandad, you might know him?

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

One of those isn't related and a couple are positive stories, granted they're actually the same story just on a different site. Also nice of Kivo to contribute to one of them wouldn't you agree?

1 minute ago, Ash76 said:

That's interesting, a poster that used to go on here suggested the same number so might be some truth to it? Grandad, you might know him?

One of those isn't related and a couple are positive stories, granted they're actually the same story just on a different site. Also nice of Kivo to contribute to one of them wouldn't you agree?

Dunno - not read any of them

lol

Owlstalk Shop