Pearson

Can I ask as he ever said he does not want to manage us to a media source or is this just to pals in pub?

I had a look to try and find a quote from him saying this and all I turned up was folks on this forum saying it?

if there is a direct quote to a media source I would agree pointless but otherwise an official approach may be worthwhile.

For a bit of context. His daughter was in the same year as my lad.....he's 27 now. 

Dont nut know when the comment about his kids was made, but I guess it was a while back, and things now might have changed?  Don't know this just guessing.

33 minutes ago, codrowe said:

He was interviewed by Radio Sheffield last year and he was asked directly about one day managing Wednesday. He said he would never do that as he lives in the city, he didnt say why 

Fair enough cant argue with that if it was said last year .

He was an absolute train wreck at Derby. We were saying all of the things mentioned in this thread and it looked a good appointment but the football was the worst I have seen at Derby since Paul Jewell was knocking about, add to that the fact he seemed to deliberately want to wee wee everyone at the club off. The bloke was an arse.

Just now, HelloThere said:

He was an absolute train wreck at Derby. We were saying all of the things mentioned in this thread and it looked a good appointment but the football was the worst I have seen at Derby since Paul Jewell was knocking about, add to that the fact he seemed to deliberately want to wee wee everyone at the club off. The bloke was an arse.

Interesting filter you guys have there :biggrin:

He's in Belgium at the moment - our new CEO is from Belgium so it's on!

Seriously - managing a non-descript team in their second division must be like treading water:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4938908/Why-Nigel-Pearson-working-Belgium-s-second-division.html

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/elliott-moore-loving-life-under-785371

On the family issue - how old are they - James must be in his early 20s isn't he? Can't see this having any impact whatsoever.

48 minutes ago, HelloThere said:

Yeah but a few months ago i was talking to a derby st holder and he said quite a few were pisssed off with rowett and the morris is trigger happy ...now ur second suppose hes okay ....football fans eh ? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Yeah but a few months ago i was talking to a derby st holder and he said quite a few were pisssed off with rowett and the morris is trigger happy ...now ur second suppose hes okay ....football fans eh ? 

Morris is trigger happy to be fair, cant dispute that. The difference with people being annoyed with Rowett (which seemed mental to me at the time) earlier in the season was that you could see what he was trying to do and thankfully it's working out now. I don't think anybody knew what the hell Pearson was trying to do!

2 hours ago, prowl said:

He's a loose cannon. I just don't see him and DC working together.

We need someone to give the players a kick up the ar se but he'd probably punch them in the face as well.

But has he not previously work with Thia owners getting that club promoted to the Premier League and keeping them in the league. 

He has experience of the championship and Premier league and international level, a good record of bringing youth through including his time in the England youth set up and he can find a rough diamond and make a play of him too.

For me we should do whatever we can to pursued him to come to us, for me other than Giggs he should be the man.

3 minutes ago, HelloThere said:

Morris is trigger happy to be fair, cant dispute that. The difference with people being annoyed with Rowett (which seemed mental to me at the time) earlier in the season was that you could see what he was trying to do and thankfully it's working out now. I don't think anybody knew what the hell Pearson was trying to do!

Maybe he had issues from the top ?

Maybe something went off , but he wasnt there that long was he...i will not base any judgement on NP based on his time at Derby County.

You got lucky with rowett imo ...birmingham were mental to sack him ( after a win too).

I think you will go up with wolves if im honest and as much as it annoyes me ...we are lightyears away at the moment .

2 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

I agree he is the stand out manager on the list........however he strikes me as the type of manager who would want full control over transfers which is unlikely at our club as things stand.

Did he have full control of transfers at Leicester?.

1 hour ago, TaxiMark said:

Maybe he had issues from the top ?

Maybe something went off , but he wasnt there that long was he...i will not base any judgement on NP based on his time at Derby County.

You got lucky with rowett imo ...birmingham were mental to sack him ( after a win too).

I think you will go up with wolves if im honest and as much as it annoyes me ...we are lightyears away at the moment .

Entirely possible, and it's probably right not to judge him based on one bad showing. Everything just seemed to toxic when he was with us I find it impossible to see him as anything other than a failure. On the flip side nobody would touch McLaren when we first hired him but he had us playing the best football I have since since we were finishing in the top 10 in the Premier League, so you never know.