Thank you Carlos Carvalhal

Perhaps Carlos wasn't the main problem like many of us thought and the real problem is with DC. I'm still in shock about that appointment he has made today. A top manager appointment is needed asap to really give the fans a bit of hope, not bloody Lambert or McLaren. 

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

We’re in a right fvcckking state!

Many of you who wanted CC out were saying how that would improve things. Now it's clear that's not going to happen you now blame CC for what's happening now. If CC was still our coach we would not have had a 0-5 deficit in our last two games.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, adifferentgame said:

We huffed and puffed and threw everything at them, had the lion's share of possession and completely lacked any craft, flair or creativity in the final third.

The last 18 months of defending a 0-0 from kick off has left us without a clue how to stick the ball in the net.

You really were at a different game to me pal. Threw everything at them? We threw the sum total of sfa at them. That's burton by the way. Fooookin Burton!!!!

2 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

He’s built a team that is physically and mentally weak. 

When it appeared he had resigned or been sacked it seemed straight forward. But despite his “its not my fault” I get the impression he realised he’d made a mess. I wonder if Swansea went in for him before he decided to leave, wouldn’t surprise me. 

It’s a team suited to Portugal not England. 

2 hours ago, swissmess said:

So despite not picking the team or tactics, CC is to blame? How long does the blame game go on? Players have no responsibility? Having wanted CC out for so long. wasn't the future going to be great, what about all the posters saying give Bully a chance, that he bleeds blue and white, that the players would be  set free; and promotion was still possible. Simple solutions to complex problems are always a joke, a mirage, but they appeal to the simple souls. 'We are going to build a wall, it will be great, we are going to get rid of CC isn't it going to be great.' Well, you got what you wished for, how did that work out?

1 hour ago, Wakefield owl said:

Many of you who wanted CC out were saying how that would improve things. Now it's clear that's not going to happen you now blame CC for what's happening now. If CC was still our coach we would not have had a 0-5 deficit in our last two games.

Why have you jumped to the conclusion that I called for Carlos to leave?  I wanted Carlos to do his job correctly. I didn’t want Carlos to get defensive and evasive and blame every fvcckker but himself. I wanted him to take responsibility for his shortcomings and to rectify the god-awful situation we found ourselves in. I never wanted him to fvcckk off and leave us in the 5h1t. 

Edited by shandypants

WOW

I'm genuinely surprised there are still pro-carlos fans left at SWFC after the last few days

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

WOW

I'm genuinely surprised there are still pro-carlos fans left at SWFC after the last few days

It's not a case of being pro-Carlos, I'm only pro-SWFC.

However I have been saying for a while that our issues are much deeper than CC and I've found it difficult to understand why more of us couldn't see that. After today's announcement and today's performance I think more are beginning to see this.

However I have been saying for a while that our issues are much deeper than CC and I've found it difficult to understand why more of us couldn't see that. After today's announcement and today's performance I think more are beginning to see this.

Fair point

Makes sense now you put it like that

Owlstalk Shop

A number of our issues lie directly at the feet of CC. The lack of variety in the playing squad, the injuries, the lack of depth in key positions to name just a few.

17 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

A number of our issues lie directly at the feet of CC. The lack of variety in the playing squad, the injuries, the lack of depth in key positions to name just a few.

The issues you mention CC was not solely responsible on any of them - that's my point which you seem to be missing. Yes they are issues but they are the consequences of deeper, more serious issues at our club. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

WOW

Totally agree....

He has left us in a right mess, more and more is becoming apparent. 

- We we have a medical team who by all accounts the players despise and are mediacally inept 

- We have a team who are overpaid, spineless excuses of footballers

- We have good players whose good traits have been coached out of them

absolute shambles at the minute and blame firmly lies with DC & CC

I can't believe anyone can absolve CC of any blame. Today was the culmination of 16 months of mis management by him on all aspects of the playing side.

If he was the Captain of the Titanic he would have blamed the iceberg but would have been on the first lifeboat out of there

29 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I can't believe anyone can absolve CC of any blame. Today was the culmination of 16 months of mis management by him on all aspects of the playing side.

If he was the Captain of the Titanic he would have blamed the iceberg but would have been on the first lifeboat out of there

Don't think anyone believes CC is blameless but if all the fault lies with CC then it will all be quickly be put right won't it?. Quite a few on here were saying after the Forest game that all looked good without CC.

The facts are that CC struggled to deal with the issues the club faces and most of these issues were not of his own making. If all (including CC) was so bad how come we made the playoffs in consecutive seasons?

6 hours ago, swissmess said:

So despite not picking the team or tactics, CC is to blame? How long does the blame game go on? Players have no responsibility? Having wanted CC out for so long. wasn't the future going to be great, what about all the posters saying give Bully a chance, that he bleeds blue and white, that the players would be  set free; and promotion was still possible. Simple solutions to complex problems are always a joke, a mirage, but they appeal to the simple souls. 'We are going to build a wall, it will be great, we are going to get rid of CC isn't it going to be great.' Well, you got what you wished for, how did that work out?

Also may be true that CC did not bring in these players.

6 hours ago, AwokenGiant said:

We was a lot more organised when he was in charge - we’d have won today if he’d not have left. 

Would we though? Based on what?

We didn't win any of his previous 3 games against Burton,  we only won 6 of his 23 league games this season,  and haven't beat any club currently below us in the division. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, AwokenGiant said:

But with got a reyt squad according to some. 

We was a lot more organised when he was in charge - we’d have won today if he’d not have left. 

Unfortunately some thought that the grass was greener. 

Under Carlito, I think we'd have had two draws and a defeat.

So we've actually got more points under Bully in my opinion than we would have had under him.

In my view, it's Carlos who thought the grass was greener...the Green, Green Grass of Home, boyo. lol

We aren't replacing Carlos with Bully; he's only holding the fort as best he can.