Ian Holloway

1 minute ago, Stoop said:

I think he’d be a great fit here

He’d give everyone a lift and get us playing the way we all want 

Won’t be long now we’ve established the fans’ no.1 choice. Mr C asked me on behalf of the fans to identify a realistic new manager. Sadly, Keegan says he doesn’t want to come back to football.

15 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

Sorry but for me he's a one-hit wonder. Did great with Blackpool and has been living off that one success ever since. Had lots of opportunities to turn other clubs round but failed at all of them.

He’s not a one hit wonder at all. He got two teams promoted to the Premiership, Blackpool and Crystal Palace.

A far better CV than Carlos who did ok for two seasons but failed to get us over the line. We would’ve got over the line with Holloway.

Edited by theowlsman

4 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Won’t be long now we’ve established the fans’ no.1 choice. Mr C asked me on behalf of the fans to identify a realistic new manager. Sadly, Keegan says he doesn’t want to come back to football.

Saw picture of Keegan at Liverpool v Swansea match looked old and not well. Quite surprised how he looked.

Holloway is not one of those that sits easy with me strikes me as a Championship manager and tthats your lot. His comments on games when working for sky also had me worried went for fashionable things. His QPR team have not prospered and personal opinion is I think he would be good fun to listen to but we would be mid table side at best under him.

Do not think he has moved on as football has changed you can see this from way team is set up, was not really on my list. I do not think making fans laugh is high on my priorities or skills required to be manager.

Always wondered why anybody thought Rhodes could play in our team, completely unsuited to our style and football has moved on rapidly in last three years and his type of player (lack of pace poacher) are now struggling in Championship.

42 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Gettable at the moment too, would be good timing for an approach, his relationship with the QPR fans is going through a rocky patch. Kicked off when they found out about his Wednesday tattoo.

But then they all laughed and made up when the realised it was spelt wrong.

I reckon he’d be in his element here.

More for than against so far, we’re on a winner.

To be honest, I don’t see the point in going for a Champions League manager to get us out of the Championship. We need a manager experienced in doing that, one familiar with the league. Then go for a Champions League manager when we are in the Premiership

51 minutes ago, Quist said:

Saw picture of Keegan at Liverpool v Swansea match looked old and not well. Quite surprised how he looked.

66, history of heart attacks and heart surgery, sure to take a toll.

And it's a yes from me for Olly, would be a breath of fresh air but don't see it happening.

Holloway would absolutely love it if he had the chance to come here. 

He never stops banging on about us and praising us, as a club and a fanbase. 

I think we'd be the biggest club on his CV and I have no doubt in my mind he'd want to come here. 

20728399_10155994737726111_5410082794355

Whether Chansiri thinks he's in the right ball park is a different question. 

I think think a lot depends on who is advising Chansiri. Is it Doyen or has he cast a wider net in his quest for advice?