Ian Holloway

I wrote to the Chairman asking for Rhodes, and we got him, I wrote to the Chairman suggesting it was time for Carlos to leave, and he went, and this time I’ve written to Mr C asking for Ian Holloway.

Ian has gone all giddy and is already mentioning needing another challenge. 

It transpires that he has always been a big Owls fan since his Sheffield-based Grandad took him as a kid to watch us play Port Vale. We put in a gritty, industrial, performance, and people were very kind to him, and he says he likes Sheffield and Sheffield Wednesday, and feels it was always his destiny to be here eventually. He says he can relate to us, understands what we’re all about.

He’s ready for the challenge, and he’s already had our motto, Conlisio et Animis, tattooed on his shoulder (see below). 

Come on Ian, enough of this Ranieri and Villas Boas nonsense. Cometh the hour cometh the man. Get your flat caps ready boys, Ian wears his Grandad’s.

7E55F29A-8E02-4BFB-BD07-22DF8C1078FF.png

• Haha 9

7 minutes ago, trev said:

Certainly better than most options on the bookies list.

Big personality, experienced in this league, knows how to get promoted from this league, good man-manager and motivator of players, loves the craic and banter, down to Earth, no heirs and graces about him, loves Wednesday, acknowledges our club as being a “proper football club”, astute in the transfer market. Gettable. Realistic.

What’s there not to like about this one? It’s a no-brainer. Get on the phone to QPR. You know it makes sense Mr C.

Edited by theowlsman

Guest everydays_wednesday
8 minutes ago, modboy said:

i'd take him on an 18th month contract

Again the London factor might be an issue though

He can bring that London with him......

3 minutes ago, 33 said:

Spoke to him at Wembley walking back to train station.

He said he loves our club and fans

True

I remember you telling me that before. Likes attacking football too. Forgot to mention that bit.

So we’re all in then (apart from Fuzzy) lol

Edited by theowlsman
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, gazzamk2 said:

Always liked him, would be worth it just for the press conferences 

There’s a video of him arriving at The Den as the opposition manager, with Millwall fans calling him a ****, and baying for his blood. He stands there smiling, taking his cap off to them, before taking a bow. It didn’t ruffle him one bit. I like him too.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Hardly tearin' it up at QPR though, is he?

Despite having a deep emotional bond with them

Not got much support there has he? He has an average squad to play with, and the financial support has dried up.

He’ll get far more support from Mr C when he gets here, er I mean, if he gets here. :ph34r:

• Like 1