Ian Holloway

I think you’re into something with this one Owlsman. In all honesty I’m not sure what his pedigree is in buying players, coaching etc but when I think of Holloway I just think entertaining character.  If it worked out on the pitch (yeah I know, quite a big if) I reckon it would be a marriage made in heaven.

The whole world is full of managers and Holloway is the best we can do? He's not McClaren so if it was between the 2 of them I'd take Holloway but other than that meh!

I'm not struck on Megson but I'd rather have him than Holloway.

3 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Big personality, experienced in this league, knows how to get promoted from this league, good man-manager and motivator of players, loves the craic and banter, down to Earth, no heirs and graces about him, loves Wednesday, acknowledges our club as being a “proper football club”, astute in the transfer market. Gettable. Realistic.

What’s there not to like about this one? It’s a no-brainer. Get on the phone to QPR. You know it makes sense Mr C.

Said this a few days ago but got no reaction.

QPR gave us a passing lesson at Hillsborough earlier this season and their off the ball running and threading dangerous through balls was attractive. I thought we were somewhat lucky to draw that game. Knows what he's talking about as a pundit and has a knowledge of the league and a passion and personality which hopefully, our players would respond to. We could do much worse, so I'd be happy with this, compared to many who have been mentioned.

2 minutes ago, Daz said:

QPR gave us a passing lesson at Hillsborough earlier this season and their off the ball running and threading dangerous through balls was attractive. I thought we were somewhat lucky to draw that game. Knows what he's talking about as a pundit and has a knowledge of the league and a passion and personality which hopefully, our players would respond to. We could do much worse, so I'd be happy with this, compared to many who have been mentioned.

Well said Daz and a Happy New Year mate.