Kieran Lee.

I thought with all this extra money we have and squad depth we would no longer be having to have players we managed with injuries like Hutch we took a player we would not had got had he been properly fit.

But I look at the squad now and with money we are managing lees hip, fessi knee, abdis knee, loovens whole body, pudils legs, Wallace's leg etc  is it maybe time we dumped the crocks and brought in some fit players or let players properly recover before rushing them back.

As we all know Fessi will be rushed back pre Xmas and end up being out again later in the season.

2 hours ago, oldishowl said:

He is not fit but playing him on the right hand side is total nonsense.

It completely takes away the things he brings to the team.

Forward runs, covering ground, anticipating and getting a foot in in midfield all gone

Thinking Lee can play on the right is one of the things that really make me wonder what Carlos is looking at

Lee is a conundrum.  It’s supposed to be two players per position.  That would mean in a 442 he’s competing with Bannan for a spot.  But they both get shoe-horned in.  

The squad has real balance issues; players need to be moved out in January. I suspect Abdi will move out on loan.  He won’t leave as Chansiri won’t take the hit on the transfer fee.

1 minute ago, oldishowl said:

The other issue is no Lee in the middle making forward runs completely negates Hooper dropping deep because nobody runs past him into the space 

The centre halfs can do what they want, push on Hooper and make him go deeper and deeper 

Good point.

1 minute ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

A point that quite a few in this thread do not seem to grasp...

Or perhaps people are not convinced that he's "fit" as in he is still nursing an injury of some sort. 

Edited by SiJ

6 minutes ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

still Injured / Match fit not the same thing.

There are some saying he is won't be match fit / up to speed for a few more games, so drop him.

Can't get "up to speed" without playing competitive games.

Carlos has more or less said he isn't match fit..one week 100% the next..he isn't...Now thats fair enough if its simply a matter of fitness...If its a matter of his hip injury..Its f.ookin' reckless...

Theres a difference between your mates on the training pitch, knowing full well you have had a hip injury tackling you...and a match situation with a  competitor that doesn't know you from Adam.

4 hours ago, oldishowl said:

He is not fit but playing him on the right hand side is total nonsense.

It completely takes away the things he brings to the team.

Forward runs, covering ground, anticipating and getting a foot in in midfield all gone

Thinking Lee can play on the right is one of the things that really make me wonder what Carlos is looking at

Exactly this. Another case of CC accomodating players. Same as when he plays Bannan on the left. 

On 26/11/2017 at 11:50, SiJ said:

I'm quite worried about him (Lee that is, given up on Carlos :duntmatter:)

If his hip is still causing him problems, then it may be very difficult for him to get anywhere near his top level of performance. Having a hip injury isn't good for anyone, but particularly a player who relies on his ability to twist and turn. 

When he came on against Ipswich he looked knackered and off the pace. That's pretty worrying. 

He was rushed back too quickly last season. No doubt about it 

On 26/11/2017 at 16:27, archieswfc said:

Exactly this. Another case of CC accomodating players. Same as when he plays Bannan on the left. 

Bannan in an attacking midfield role or not at all ! 

Lee in CM or not at all ! 

Pudil at LB or not at all !

its not hard is it ?!

Cc managed to make it tho 

12 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Which is something absolutely weeing me off...

Why do we get no injury uodates?

Abdi

Boyd

Hutch

Fessi

Matias

Keep the fans in the loop; instead of rumours being allowed to fester...

There are some updates.

Boyds had 2 ops won't be back for a while.

Fessi is out till at least January minimum.

Matias played today for the under 23s.

That's 3 of the 5 players you mentioned without me trying to find anything out.

Just from club statements I remembered.

FFS.

as I know the lad here's my take on it.

he is still struggling with the hip thing, he gets flare ups of pain so bad they wake him at night and can't sit comfortable

when he came back v NF he was feeling good and by the time of the Leeds game was feeling fitter too, the international came at a bad time

after the international the pain was back and he was sent to be injected (again) which is what worries me

Kieran has been back to the surgeon and re-scanned and surgeon can't see anything wrong says it looks to have healed well

so he has some sort of injury that nobody knows what to do with and therefore are doing nothing, added to that he says CC no longer wants attacking midfielders and when he has played he's told to stay back more, so as you would expect he's a little down at the moment