Sean Clare to be our Deli Ali?

You can argue about the standard of under-23’s football until the cows come home but over the last year or so, this group of lads couldn’t have done much more than they have done.

The big question is how you progress them to the next level and once again this is an argument you can have forever and a day. Bottom line for me is you won’t see any of this group make the breakthrough under Carlos unless they wear the goalkeeper’s jersey? :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

You can argue about the standard of under-23’s football until the cows come home but over the last year or so, this group of lads couldn’t have done much more than they have done.

The big question is how you progress them to the next level and once again this is an argument you can have forever and a day. Bottom line for me is you won’t see any of this group make the breakthrough under Carlos unless they wear the goalkeeper’s jersey? :rolleyes:

It's a shame but I think you may be right mate

17 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

For me the name Stobbs congers up recollections of bullying and cruelty. 1961-66 a Mr Stobbs was a science teacher at Myers, he suffered abuse from many, if not most, of the pupils. The height of bullying was reached in one lesson when head of science a Mr Sanders made Mr Stobbs stand in a corner because of misinformation being passed on to pupils. Not the job for Mr Stobbs but one could say exactly the same for the head of science undermining and discrediting a co worker in such a cruel way.    

HOLD THE PRESS!

Let me get this right. One teacher told another teacher to stand in the corner like a naughty boy....and he did?!

27 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Many of U-23's are out of contract at the end of the season.

I heard that those that club will want to keep will get contracts offered to them in January. It will be interesting to see who will get offer of a new deal, and if there will be any who will decline it to leave in search of first team football.

We have good bunch of players here, and I hope we will be able to tie best of them on long term contracts.

Guest Theboylangers
54 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

For me the name Stobbs congers up recollections of bullying and cruelty. 1961-66 a Mr Stobbs was a science teacher at Myers, he suffered abuse from many, if not most, of the pupils. The height of bullying was reached in one lesson when head of science a Mr Sanders made Mr Stobbs stand in a corner because of misinformation being passed on to pupils. Not the job for Mr Stobbs but one could say exactly the same for the head of science undermining and discrediting a co worker in such a cruel way.    

WTF ? I thought we were talking about Sean Clare. FFS. 

40 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Correct !

I'm just struggling to get my head around it. 

Was there something wrong with the man? He just did as he was told and stood in the corner.

It sounds like he was having trouble before that , I imagine his life was even more hellish after that showing up...in front of of a full class

8 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with looking at some of our best prospects in the U23s. 

I haven't been able to watch them for 4 years so not really able to assess whether they are of the standard req 

I'd love to read some sensible reviews of them 

we should have a dedicated forum where their progress can be tracked  just in case CC reads OT :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, malek said:

Hi Carlos

Stupid comment expected really

This is the 3rd season we are challenging in this league why would you risk a young inexperienced player .

We have a really strong squad of players the best we have had for years. 

If we were mid table treading water I could see the need but now is not the time 

16 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Stupid comment expected really

This is the 3rd season we are challenging in this league why would you risk a young inexperienced player .

We have a really strong squad of players the best we have had for years. 

If we were mid table treading water I could see the need but now is not the time 

You are right assuming that they are not good enough. And at least I think that couple of them are good enough. And we need refreshment in couple of areas.