Sean Clare to be our Deli Ali?

11 hours ago, malek said:

You are right assuming that they are not good enough. And at least I think that couple of them are good enough. And we need refreshment in couple of areas.

I saw that aussie bloke who penney couldn't replace the other week playing for millwall ,he dint look that crash hot to me and I think he got subbed .....fox looked a far better player and if he couldn't replace him then he's not going to replace fox,pudil or reach anytime soon .

I'm pleased the lad is out there getting some league experience.  Will be great for him to be out there playing in different environments. Different crowds. 

The higher tempo and physicality of mens football. 

Also won't do him any harm in playing a new position , even if he is to be a central midfield player long term. Another string to his bow.

A wider understanding and respect of the roles that some of his team mates play. 

Hopefully his run in the team continues.  

Also will show that he's capable of doing a job to other prospective loan clubs in the future if he's not quite ready for the first team.

A no lose situation. 

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

I saw that aussie bloke who penney couldn't replace the other week playing for millwall ,he dint look that crash hot to me and I think he got subbed .....fox looked a far better player and if he couldn't replace him then he's not going to replace fox,pudil or reach anytime soon .

You must be joking, right  ?! :laugh:

13 minutes ago, torryowl said:

can only go on what I saw and I didn't think he was up to much .....fox had a much better game than him 

Last year Meredith was Bradford's player of the year, and was selected in League One's team of the season. (must be 10'th time I was writing all this).

There was 0 chances that Penney would have any chance of replacing Meredith in Bradford's starting 11.

As McCall said in his first interview after they loaned Penney, he was brought in as a back-up in case of injury or suspension to Meredith. But Meredith never got injured or suspended.

I've seen him play plenty of times, and in my opinion he is much better left-back than both Fox and Pudil.

2 minutes ago, malek said:

Last year Meredith was Bradford's player of the year, and was selected in League One's team of the season. (must be 10'th time I was writing all this).

There was 0 chances that Penney would have any chance of replacing Meredith in Bradford's starting 11.

As McCall said in his first interview after they loaned Penney, he was brought in as a back-up in case of injury or suspension to Meredith. But Meredith never got injured or suspended.

I've seen him play plenty of times, and in my opinion he is much better left-back than both Fox and Pudil.

I don't care what he did in league one , all saying he didn't impress me in the championship game I saw him play ........when you look at his career he's 29 played 360 games and all but 15 of them have been in league 1 and under for powerhouses like York ,Sligo,shrewsbury & Bradford and yet your convinced he's a better than fox ,pudil &reach .....your obviously seeing something that i'm not 

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I don't care what he did in league one , all saying he didn't impress me in the championship game I saw him play ........when you look at his career he's 29 played 360 games and all but 15 of them have been in league 1 and under for powerhouses like York ,Sligo,shrewsbury & Bradford and yet your convinced he's a better than fox ,pudil &reach .....your obviously seeing something that i'm not 

Pudil is just not good enough any more, and Fox is very average player in my opinion.

Reach is winger, not a left back and I wouldn't want to see him played there again.

You said that Meredith didn't impress you in one game you watched him play, dismissing 360 other games as unimportant ?! I've seen plenty of Fox who is yet to impress me, and last timed I thought Pudil did well at lb for run of games was in his first season with us.

1 minute ago, malek said:

Pudil is just not good enough any more, and Fox is very average player in my opinion.

Reach is winger, not a left back and I wouldn't want to see him played there again.

You said that Meredith didn't impress you in one game you watched him play, dismissing 360 other games as unimportant ?! I've seen plenty of Fox who is yet to impress me, and last timed I thought Pudil did well at lb for run of games was in his first season with us.

so if Meredith is so good why has he  had a career as a journeyman going round the football outposts in the lower leagues for 10 years ........you say you wouldn't want  reach as left back but  he gave a masterclass of a display of playing there against leeds last month ........sorry I know you rate yourself as a talent spotter but I find it strange that talent spotters employed by clubs havnt spotted what you obviously have in the years he's been trawling round the country in the lower leagues 

5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

so if Meredith is so good why has he  had a career as a journeyman going round the football outposts in the lower leagues for 10 years ........you say you wouldn't want  reach as left back but  he gave a masterclass of a display of playing there against leeds last month ........sorry I know you rate yourself as a talent spotter but I find it strange that talent spotters employed by clubs havnt spotted what you obviously have in the years he's been trawling round the country in the lower leagues 

I don't rate myself as anything. i just have my opinions that I'm standing by, and sometimes I will be right, and sometimes wrong...

I don't know why Meredith spent 10 years in lower leagues... Perhaps it took him longer to develop, or to find right team and manager to help him fulfill his potential ?! I'm not saying that 10 years ago Meredith was better then Pudil, but last couple of years he was better then both him and Fox (in my opinion).

Reach to me doesn't look like a full-back, and absolutely can't defend. He did great against Leeds playing lb, but Leeds set up wrong against us, let us do "our thing",  and outplayed them. Every player in our team looked good that day.

2 hours ago, Busyowl said:

Might have known you'd have seen Meredith! 

'Crash hot' new terminology.

still not a youth fan are you

I don't care how old or young they are as long as they are good enough ........you tell me why you think that if penney is a better left back than pudil,fox & reach why carlos doesn't play him .it's his job on the line if he doesn't get results so why would he go with players who arnt as good as penney ....I suspect it's because he doesn't think he's better than them but i'd be interested in your opinion why he doesn't .