England team from the Championship.

Guest addedtime

Theres more chance of a meteor deflecting the ball into the net for the winning goal in the world cup final when England beat surprising outsiders Easter Island - than there is of Reach being remotely near the World Cup squad next year

Totally ludicrous

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, scram said:

Theres more chance of a meteor deflecting the ball into the net for the winning goal in the world cup final when England beat surprising outsiders Easter Island - than there is of Reach being remotely near the World Cup squad next year

Totally ludicrous

I don't know.

Sterling, Lingard, Reach?

Depends on If Lallana can get back on the horse or not really.

5 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Reach would be a certainty at LW.

He could make the England squad in 19/20. Half a chance of making the World Cup squad if we get promoted this season.

England have struggled for left-sided players for decades. The current crop are better, but given that we need four left-sided players in the squad I don't see a huge group ahead of Adam right now, let alone if he continues his trajectory.

Wednesday getting promoted this season and reach going to the World Cup. Mate whatever you are on I’m deffo having some of that :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

He could make the England squad in 19/20. Half a chance of making the World Cup squad if we get promoted this season.

England have struggled for left-sided players for decades. The current crop are better, but given that we need four left-sided players in the squad I don't see a huge group ahead of Adam right now, let alone if he continues his trajectory.

This cannot be serious, surely

Yep.

Anywhere else on the field it's far fetched. Left side, every chance....if he continues to improve.

England are looking to shape up in a 3-4-3 by the looks of it in the immediate future 

By that reckoning, we are looking at more of an advanced forward in an attacking position, then a wingback in the midfield four 

So, for reference... The list of potential players ahead of Reach: 

Rashford

Lingard

Lallana

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Raheem Sterling 

Theo Walcott

James Milner 

This list is just off the top of my head

Then there's other players who aren't quite there yet but probably will be, for example Demarai Gray. 

So far then, that attacking left position in the front 3 is gone 

Let's look at the '4' in midfield then and who could get a look in there. 

Ryan Bertrand 

Luke Shaw

Leighton Baines 

Kieran Gibbs

Danny Rose

Ryan Cresswell

The list goes on, and then when you chuck in outsiders such as Charlie Daniels and Ben Mee it gets worse 

So for clarity, we have 7 established international 'attacking' left sided players and 6 midfield left players. These are established England international's who play weekly in the Premier League. 

And that's not even considering the players in both the Premier League and Championship who are both a better standard and playing at a higher level than Reach at the moment but can't get near the England side now will they for the immediate future 

I've not even touched upon the youth sides for England who have had tremendous success at their respective levels recently and by 2019 could be good bets to be in the England squad 

To sum up then - there's absolutely zero (and I mean ZERO) chance Reach makes the England squad ever in his entire career 

And im a pretty big fan of him and think he's a good player 

I've read some stupid stuff on here over the past few months but that tops the lot. And then you actually had the temerity to try to argue for it. Fair play, but bloody daft mate

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Hi Adam 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Wednesday getting promoted this season and reach going to the World Cup. Mate whatever you are on I’m deffo having some of that :duntmatter:

If I put a quid on I could probably retire on the winnings saying that

1 hour ago, MOwl said:

England are looking to shape up in a 3-4-3 by the looks of it in the immediate future 

By that reckoning, we are looking at more of an advanced forward in an attacking position, then a wingback in the midfield four 

Rashford

Lingard

Lallana

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Raheem Sterling 

Theo Walcott

James Milner 

You've got two right wingers and a central midfielder in that list...

I'd forgotten about Rashford, but wouldn't he be the left forward in your hypothetical front three?

Sterling, Lingard, and Lallana are the incumbents, but if Lallana doesn't pull himself together quickly I can see Reach in the squad behind Sterling and Lingard.

Considering England just played Tammy Abraham against Germany, I'd certainly say stranger things have happened.

A bit far fetched perhaps, but I don't think it's necessarily the impossibility you seem to think it is.

2 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

I'd forgotten about Rashford, but wouldn't he be the left forward in your hypothetical front three?

Sterling, Lingard, and Lallana are the incumbents, but if Lallana doesn't pull himself together quickly I can see Reach in the squad behind Sterling and Lingard.

Considering England just played Tammy Abraham against Germany, I'd certainly say stranger things have happened.

A bit far fetched perhaps, but I don't think it's necessarily the impossibility you seem to think it is.

Hi Adam's dad.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, markowl said:

Hi Adam's dad.

And if I had told you two years ago that Tammy Abraham would be the starting striker for England against Germany in 2017, what would your reaction have been?

I'm not even a serious Adam Reach Homer, just more that he's obviously talented, and as near as I can tell the England NT is, and has been, a complete dumpster fire for a while now, and Reach managed a spot on the U20 World Cup squad.

Edited by Indoor Owl

7 hours ago, scram said:

Totally ludicrous

Your posts are usually full of sound, sensible reason.

But to suggest we could beat Easter Island!

1 minute ago, Libertine said:

Can’t believe no ones mentioned Westwood. 

There’s probably more chance of Westwood playing for England than Reach being called up to next summer’s World Cup squad. And that would even involve FIFA changing their rules in the next 6 months on players who have represented other countries to start playing for other nations

lol

1 hour ago, MOwl said:

Rashford

Lingard

Lallana

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Raheem Sterling 

Theo Walcott

James Milner 

Then there's other players who aren't quite there yet but probably will be, for example Demarai Gray. 

So far then, that attacking left position in the front 3 is gone 

Let's look at the '4' in midfield then and who could get a look in there. 

Ryan Bertrand 

Luke Shaw

Leighton Baines 

Kieran Gibbs

Danny Rose

Ryan Cresswell

The list goes on, and then when you chuck in outsiders such as Charlie Daniels and Ben Mee it gets worse 

So for clarity, we have 7 established international 'attacking' left sided players and 6 midfield left players. These are established England international's who play weekly in the Premier League. 

And that's not even considering the players in both the Premier League and Championship who are both a better standard and playing at a higher level than Reach at the moment but can't get near the England side now will they for the immediate future 

I've not even touched upon the youth sides for England who have had tremendous success at their respective levels recently and by 2019 could be good bets to be in the England squad 

To sum up then - there's absolutely zero (and I mean ZERO) chance Reach makes the England squad ever in his entire career 

And im a pretty big fan of him and think he's a good player 

I've read some stupid stuff on here over the past few months but that tops the lot. And then you actually had the temerity to try to argue for it. Fair play, but bloody daft mate

Good post.

It is interesting that after decades of struggling to fill our left side with naturally left-sided players we now, as you say, seem to have a better group.

But I still think that if we get promoted, or if Adam leaves for a Prem club, and if his confidence and therefore performance continues to flourish, he will be a good shout for a squad role under Southgate. As a third LW/LM/LB utility, I think Adam's tireless workrate and superb attitude will appeal to Southgate, just as it clearly appeals to Carlos.

8 hours ago, Holmowl said:

:Chansiri:

1 hour ago, Indoor Owl said:

There’s more chance of joe hart going left wing than Adam Reach don’t be daft ! 

Abraham got there because he had a fantastic season last year and is scoring in the premier ship . I like reach but seriously talk sense !