The old club shop

It was so tiny they had a doorman stopping you entering via the exit door. It always seemed two or three deep at the counter so I rarely got close to bough to buy anything. 

I'm probably mis-remembering, but I think I got my first replica shirt from there: Sanderson 93/94ish.

3 hours ago, woodys said:

beauty ...always seemed to have adequate stock as well somehow - i remember going to wembley '93 wearing almost the entire club shop lol

Does anyone remember the american footy style jacket we had back then? they did it in blue and black with kind of leather on the shoulders. had one at school it was the dogs bloody b 0 ll 0 cks 

That jacket looked poo pal lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, fredmciverslovechild said:

A silk scarf on each wrist, a cap and the v-necked pullover.

Sartorial elegance.

Navy v neck with the little owl motif

Silk scarf round each wrist

Brown Birmingham bags

Elephant shoes

Harrington jacket if it was nippy

Snorkel parka if it was below -10

First club shop I remember was like a garden shed with large windows,situated between the Leppings lane and north stand,about 50 yards inside.

First thing I got there was a scarf and pin badge,got my first rattle from there as well,a multi coloured thing it was.

I remember the later one well,under what was christies night club,used to pop in most matchdays

Edited by legendaryswan

12 hours ago, archieswfc said:

Got my green n white hooped away shirt from that shop. That will have been in its later years. Not sure when it was replaced. Before Euro 96 but not sure how much before. I'm tipping around 1990.

Well I remember buying a 93/94 home kit from there so must have been after that!

9 hours ago, crookesowl said:

What did people do in the proper olden days, like the 60s when there were no merchandise stores? 

Did you you get your nans to knit you stuff? 

yes my mother knitted my first scarf still got it somewhere 

The 'shop' was a few  guys standing on corners shouting 'get yer badges, scarves, rattles, rosettes ere'

My old man used to make and paint badges based on heaps cartoons to sell to workmates at osborn steels