Good news tomorrow night

Guest Deleted member

12 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Not negative- just realistic. We have a Chairman with deep pockets making errors right left and centre. 

Give me some positives. I think a few of us naysayers need them.

Hopefully he's gonna say he's told Carlos to send the players  out from 1st minute, attack Barnsley with a high tempo and play like they're in a Derby game at home otherwise he's putting him on the first flight back to Portugal. We don't need talk, we need results before we get sucked into a relagation battle. 

4 minutes ago, jordyowl said:

Haha like anyone at the steering groups will asks any questions that are useful. They'll all be scared about losing their place in the special group so will do what they have done every time and pat DC on the back tell him how amazing he is and he will carry on taking our club back to where it was before.

Although I am sceptical about how useful the steering groups are I don't think you can really have a go at the people who attend.

Think nearly all are genuine fans who took time and trouble to go.

I would find it very difficult to stand up in a crowded room and ask a pointed question to Chansiri.

Think maybe it might be better to email questions to someone like Andy Giddings who could then interview Chansiri. I know someone like Andy Giddings is not perfect but a trained journalist who is used asking people questions like this.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it always seems to me that the majority (of not all) the steering group could be categorised into what owlstalk labels happy clappers.

Reading their posts in the past they seem to be the ones can't be objective and back Wednesday almost blindly. Perfect type of person for Chansiri to have at these meetings.

Also in the past key questions don't get asked and the odd one that does just gets brushed aside without anyone asking for a oroooer answe. It's almost like news reporters talking to politicians. They poor ones just accept whatever they say, whereas the good journalist keep pressing and don't take the bullshit avoided waffle as an answer.

Hopefully there will be some strong people there that will ask the questions that need answers. Not just the half star struck fan that's happy to think that they are involved. 

Guest kelliesleftnut
11 hours ago, kelliesleftnut said:

So where is the multi page thread of 'give me your questions for mr c'

Or is OT not represented at this meeting ?

Here is a man that will know ^^^^^^^^^^^

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What would you ask tonight @jordyowl ?

Who or what replaced the committee ?

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Although I am sceptical about how useful the steering groups are I don't think you can really have a go at the people who attend.

I would find it very difficult to stand up in a crowded room and ask a pointed question to Chansiri.

I think there's a high percentage of attendees that go just to be there to be fair.

All genuine fans definitely but it's more like a village committee from Vicar Of Dibley than a formal business meeting.

Very dull, some very inane questions asked ("I bought a pie last week and it was a bit cold - can't you warm em up better?")

(you remain seated to ask your questions btw)

Owlstalk Shop

12 hours ago, Grandad said:

Steering group tomorrow night. Couldn't have been held at a worse time

Unless

Mr Chansiri has proven he's extremely good at manipulating people's views, coming out on top like he did after the launch of Club 1867, and holding the q&a etc

Which makes me think that tomorrow there will be some serious good news to head off the bad vibes.

My prediction is announcing a return to stripes next season.

What do you guys think it might be?

Not a chance . Who would buy any more of this years kit at this stage of the season if a hugely popular striped shirt was coming on sale next summer.

10 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think maybe it might be better to email questions to someone like Andy Giddings who could then interview Chansiri. I know someone like Andy Giddings is not perfect but a trained journalist who is used asking people questions like this.

It is tricky sometimes even for the journos to ask these questions - especially as people in football, unlike politicians say, aren't used to outright hostility and probing questions and can sometimes kick off.  A public meeting isn't somewhere too that it's easy to persist with a line of questioning especially if it gets a bit heated. They get accused of hogging it by people more partial to the views of the chair.

13 hours ago, Grandad said:

Steering group tomorrow night. Couldn't have been held at a worse time

Unless

Mr Chansiri has proven he's extremely good at manipulating people's views, coming out on top like he did after the launch of Club 1867, and holding the q&a etc

Which makes me think that tomorrow there will be some serious good news to head off the bad vibes.

My prediction is announcing a return to stripes next season.

What do you guys think it might be?

When returning to stripes is deemed as seriously good news is all we need to know about the last 5 months!!

Guest kelliesleftnut
13 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

:tango:

grown man obsessed about a kit, so you’re not interested about the chairman’s continued financial commitment to the club and it’s future security?   A flamin kit will have you doing cartwheels??   Each to his own I suppose!!

Do you want an ice cream?

Three please, but can you make the blue stripe thicker :biggrin:

icecream.jpg