Carlos adamant Sheffield Wednesday will be promoted this season

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Will he walk away if he doesn't achieve it then. I think he's pretty daft for saying it to be honest. 

do you expect him to say we have no chance of promotion when we are 4 points off a play off spot with 34 games still to play ........i'm a supporter of him but i'd want him instantly sacked if he said that .........

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

do you expect him to say we have no chance of promotion when we are 4 points off a play off spot with 34 games still to play ........i'm a supporter of him but i'd want him instantly sacked if he said that .........

You're right... however what he should start is a battlecry.....the players need it..the crowd need it.

It's time he got the blood up all round.

17 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

If your wee smells like boiled eggs and soldiers tho....

you have eaten humpty dumpty and the royal scots dragoon guards  lol  , or it could be not enough Tea ,

Edited by trevdi9
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

You're right... however what he should start is a battlecry.....the players need it..the crowd need it.

It's time he got the blood up all round.

don't think tally ho  up and at em is the way to go at a press conference  ......he needs to leave the motivating  team talk  sort of stuff  to the privacy of the dressing room .......I think more of what we did against leeds and less of what we did at Bolton sounds about right for the press boys 

If Carlos wants to get us back to looking anything like promotion contenders he needs to get back to basics, he needs to get back as much as possible to the side that served him so well in his first season here.

That was when he had us looking at our best, none of this shoe horning players into the side, Saturday he needs to go with...

Westwood

Hunt

Loovens

Lees

Pudil

Bannan

Lee

Hutchinson

Wallace

Fletcher

Hooper

Go back to basics and then I might take talk of promotion a little more seriously.

Then when Nando comes back, play him where he likes to be played, up front with Hooper, a happy Nando who is enjoying his football is the best player in the league, no more messing around sticking him out on the left.

25 minutes ago, torryowl said:

No of course I don't but he is setting himself up for a fall by saying what he has. He would have been better off saying something along the lines of if we all pull together and play to our potential we will be in with a good chance of challenging for promotion. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

7 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Then when Nando comes back, play him where he likes to be played, up front with Hooper, a happy Nando who is enjoying his football is the best player in the league, no more messing around sticking him out on the left.

Our record indicates we lose far more games than usual when FF plays central.

His best position is on the left, regardless of his preferences.

Holmowl has crunched the numbers on that one.