Nigel Clough

Guest mrbluesky
2 hours ago, Vernon1867 said:

No you haven't

Strange,as he sets up his teams exactly like CC, so I’ll refrain from reading the full post.

DC must realise, if he is going to replace CC, that Sheff Wed need a Head Coach who is as big as the club, in terms of experience,character and  track record of getting things done.He went for an unknown (in UK terms) when he hired CC, surely he will take heed.

DC should be talking to Big Sam .

12 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

DC should be talking to Big Sam

The same one who refused to speak to the BBC for years as they did a program about his son being an agent and too much 'family business' taking place?

The same one who despite being paid a fortune to manage England, shat on his own shoes and tried to earn a few bob on the side?

Yup, he'd make a great fit. Swan, Layne and Kay to come back and advise on the transfer committee?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

DC must realise, if he is going to replace CC, that Sheff Wed need a Head Coach who is as big as the club, in terms of experience,character and  track record of getting things done.He went for an unknown (in UK terms) when he hired CC, surely he will take heed.

DC should be talking to Big Sam .

Hahaha, yes please.

He doesn't know where the floor is. You'll be playing like Bolton before you know it.

2 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

As a Rams fan (sorry folks) I think we would be in the prem if we had stuck with Nigel. He has a brilliant eye for quality players who will really play for him, he is not all negative by any means. I would welcome him back in a flash.

And there you have it.

From someone whose club he managed much longer than he managed United.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

As a Rams fan (sorry folks) I think we would be in the prem if we had stuck with Nigel. He has a brilliant eye for quality players who will really play for him, he is not all negative by any means. I would welcome him back in a flash.

Shouldn’t you be out worrying sheep?

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

12 minutes ago, mattbianco1 said:

Hahaha, yes please.

He doesn't know where the floor is. You'll be playing like Bolton before you know it.

15 minutes ago, Jeff King's dog said:

The same one who refused to speak to the BBC for years as they did a program about his son being an agent and too much 'family business' taking place?

The same one who despite being paid a fortune to manage England, shat on his own shoes and tried to earn a few bob on the side?

Yup, he'd make a great fit. Swan, Layne and Kay to come back and advise on the transfer committee?

Big Sam is the man for us IMO.

I'm not a fan who really cares about what style we play. I want a head Coach who is a winner and a motivator, one who can adapt to whatever situation his team is in, whatever league.If Sam got us promoted, that would mean we are winning more games than what we are losing, therefore we are watching our team score more goals than the opposition, that is effective football. We are currently getting plenty of possession, but not doing much with it, which is ineffective football IMO.   Sam is no saint, that is true. But now he has something to prove as a coach and as a person. It would be up to him on how he takes a second chance.I've got a feeling that CC would not be so nieve as the FA, as an employer.

Classic Wednesday.

We have constantly fished for average British managers from smaller clubs - Wilson, Laws, Jewell, Turner, Jones, Sturrock, Irvine - and done absolutely nothing with any of them in this league apart from either nearly go down or actually go down

We hire an overseas coach for the first time ever who finishes 6th and 4th.  Answer - go back to hiring a British manager from a smaller club.

The top 6 managers of the Championship last season were Spanish, Irish, Dutch, Portugese, German and Serbian.  Answer - go back to hiring a British manager from a smaller club.

Its absolute class A nonsense.

• Like 1

Just now, mcmigo said:

Classic Wednesday.

We have constantly fished for average British managers from smaller clubs - Wilson, Laws, Jewell, Turner, Jones, Sturrock, Irvine - and done absolutely nothing with any of them in this league apart from either nearly go down or actually go down

We hire an overseas coach for the first time ever who finishes 6th and 4th.  Answer - go back to hiring a British manager from a smaller club.

The top 6 managers of the Championship last season were Spanish, Irish, Dutch, Portugese, German and Serbian.  Answer - go back to hiring a British manager from a smaller club.

Its absolute class A nonsense.

All those you mention with possibly exception of Wilson had a lack of resources to work with. Some I agree might have been crap with a bit of money behind them.
Still believe all things considered Laws, Gray and Sturrock have done a better job at Wednesday then CC.

If we do get another continental coach I hope we don't play the slow continental style we have generally seen as I don't half find it hard work at times. 

5 hours ago, Vernon1867 said:

Not seen his name mentioned yet but I think he'd be a great option for us should CC get the boot.

Sometimes the less obvious candidates are the best options.

He got Burton up and has done well to keep them as competitive as they are, punching well above their weight. And what we need is someone who can be trusted to get us punching somewhere near ours. If that happened then top 6 would be highly likely, and that's something we'd all surely take at this point.

He managed United, so what. He was harshly sacked. He had them playing some exciting stuff and did well to get them to the play offs, not to mention the cup runs.

He's managed a big club before in Derby (not as big as us I know) so that's another plus.

He seems like a solid character with no real flaws, someone who won't let petty agendas and stubbornness get in the way of doing what's right.

He also seems to have a great scouting network looking at what he's got for his money at Burton. Value for money is certainly something we can.... improve.

If CC is to go let's get someone who'll get the best out of what we have, play positive football, never settle for a draw and show real ambition to get us promoted ASAP.

That man for me is Nigel Clough.

59e55d0d81f97_Screenshot2017-10-17at02_29_31.png.873af87b2b60b3a68aef5a764b58bfa4.png

BAN THE OP

23 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Funny how 'continental' coaches took all 6 places at the top of the championship last season.

The Premier League was pretty much the same.

The evidence would suggest the last thing we need is a british manager.

British coaches not given a chance so much these days sadly. In times gone by someone like Eddie Howe would be offered one of the really big clubs but there are much more likely to seek a big name continental manager.

European coaches are more trendy these days.

Mick McCarthy for me.

51 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Funny how 'continental' coaches took all 6 places at the top of the championship last season.

The Premier League was pretty much the same.

The evidence would suggest the last thing we need is a british manager.

Clearly something's going sadly awry in the Championship this year, then.