Penalty

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Absolutely definitely a pen from behind the goal. TV replays aren't quite as conclusive from that angle,  but what it clearly wasn't was a dive. To give a yellow in that situation the referee has to be 100% certain that simulation had taken place, yet he couldn't possibly have seen a dive because there wasn't one. He bottled it, pure and simple. 

Not bothered looking at replays but it looked a cast iron pen. You could see that contact was made and the immediate reaction of their players said pen. The only person who thought it wasn't was a total incompetent and weak ref. 

His first championship game of the season and should be his last

It it has gone into the top 3 awful decisions under Carlos along with Sougou at QPR and FF at Hull

9 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Not bothered looking at replays but it looked a cast iron pen. You could see that contact was made and the immediate reaction of their players said pen. The only person who thought it wasn't was a total incompetent and weak ref. 

His first championship game of the season and should be his last

It it has gone into the top 3 awful decisions under Carlos along with Sougou at QPR and FF at Hull

What about the handball on the line at Derby?

4 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I agree.  We lost because our 10 million striker has three chances all inside the 6 yard box and misses all three!  VVank goalkeeping and defending didn't help either!

very,very true,were looking a bottom 6 side never mind top 6

Guest Kagoshimaowl
On 15/10/2017 at 07:32, owlmanc said:

Think that's the new rule you can't be "done" twice 

Yes I know the rule. Just don't think it's right when it's blatant like that!

I don't think Lee dived and I certainly wouldn't class him as a diver. Indeed didn't he score from a similar position against Brizzle, so I doubt it was even in his head.

As for the blatant hand ball I don't know if the double 'penalty' applies given we scored anyway, it's probably a grey area. I suspect the rule was based on the scenario where there's a hand ball and a penalty given, not as happened on Saturday, but happy to be corrected.

As others have said we shouldn't have had to rely on refereeing decisions but those two poor decisions surely changed the face of the game given the onslaught we made on the Bolton goal in the second half.

Given were still only 4 points off the playoffs and not really that far of the top 2 (with so many points left to win) I'm still not sure sacking Carlos is the answer, unless we get someone else in that has similar ideas on how to play the game but is going to get more out these players. Otherwise, a new manager/ coach would quite likely want to change the playing staff.

I still think we have a good squad, good enough to at least get in the playoffs, notwithstanding we need pace in the team. Having said that if we can keep Hutch fit and find a way to make use of Joao's pace maybe we can get by until January.

Finally, for me, CCs probably got until the next international break to convince me one way or the other (as have the players) that they deserve to keep my support. Although hasn't he done enough in the last 2 years to have time to get through a sticky patch? Time will tell I suppose.

On 14/10/2017 at 23:32, owlmanc said:

Think that's the new rule you can't be "done" twice 

They wouldn't have been done twice, plus if it's serious enough even if the penalty is given they can still be sent off.

the double jeopardy rule is for offences like last man 

9The handball was in no way a genuine attempt to legally play the ball so should have enough been a red in my eyes. How about if he hadn't handballed it, but had kicked one of our players in the face deliberately? Would that have been just a yellow cos we scored? Or if he'd punched him? 

As for the penalty claim, looked nailed on to me from the tv angle. Ref must have seen there was no contact and Lee simulated the contact in an attempt to con him into giving us a penalty. I'm fuming with Lee for trying this because he had a clear sight of goal. Our players need to start trying to score rather than trying to get penalties. 

Just now, dewsburyowl58 said:

So no foul or dive then ? 

Not giving an unbiased view their player comes across and refrains from diving in, had it been at the other end i'm sure there would be a few fuming, like I said earlier lee is one of our most honest players and he's not a diver but I didn't feel there was enough contact so in this day and age it's a yellow card (admittedly a very harsh one).

On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 14:54, legendaryswan said:

The was a good case for a pen in 1st half,foul on Fletch just befoe the melee which finished when Beevers headed off the line,the kid slid in and took his leg,noboddy appealed though

I thought that was more of a pen than the lee one. Reckless challenge on fletcher