Penalty

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Was it a penalty? I was watching on iFollow and I was already celebrating a forgone conclusion then to my horror I see Lee and Hooper get booked.  Now, I know Lee sometimes 'goes to ground easily ' but I don't think he's a diver at all.  Others opinions??

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Also, when Morais handled Rhodes shot that should have been a penalty and down to ten men.  Yes Lee scored after that but they still had 11 men.  I'm not sure this rule is fair...

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

Just now, Kagoshimaowl said:

Also, when Morais handled Rhodes shot that should have been a penalty and down to ten men.  Yes Lee scored after that but they still had 11 men.  I'm not sure this rule is fair...

Think that's the new rule you can't be "done" twice 

I think it's fair to say the ref was inept, possibly bent  ... I think it's equally fair to say that's not why we've lost ... If you don't get your foot on the throat of a side bereft of quality or confidence, especially early doors, the referree is somewhat irrelevant.  Sadly no tempo from the outset. 

Edited by Hirstys Salopettes

6 minutes ago, owlmanc said:

Think that's the new rule you can't be "done" twice 

The new rule only covers genuine attempts to play the ball legally, so a deliberate handball to prevent a goal or an obvious goal scoring opportunity is still a red card.

3 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

The new rule only covers genuine attempts to play the ball legally, so a deliberate handball to prevent a goal or an obvious goal scoring opportunity is still a red card.

Exactly it was an obvious case of cheating. What else can it be classed as? Disgusting decision by an utter parasite of a referee

21 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

The ref should have also made ameobi leave the fold after receiving on pith treatment... But he didn't 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
13 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

I think it's fair to say the ref was inept, possibly bent  ... I think it's equally fair to say that's not why we've lost ... If you don't get your foot on the throat of a side bereft of quality or confidence, especially early doors, the referree is somewhat irrelevant.  Sadly no tempo from the outset. 

I agree.  We lost because our 10 million striker has three chances all inside the 6 yard box and misses all three!  VVank goalkeeping and defending didn't help either!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

One of  the "misses" was due to basketball defending

Not including that one.  Open goal at the back post, misses the target.  Header when if he's gone with his foot he'd av scored and the one across the keeper from a Reach cross.  Granted the last one was tough but he simply isn't good enough.  Nuhiu would be getting murdered on here if he was missing chances like these!

13 hours ago, owlmanc said:

The ref should have also made ameobi leave the fold after receiving on pith treatment... But he didn't 

Apparently this rule has been tweaked. If the offending player is booked or sent off, the player fouled doesn't have to leave the field!

Who knew...?